maschro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Let's just get this out of the way - I know we're all thinking it - wow, what a creative name for this GYG.

But anyways...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going into year 11 in September (can't believe it, feels like it's gone so quickly) and I am (hoping) to get all 7's and above in my GCSES, which in some subjects is going to be pretty difficult for me *cough* French and English *cough*.

Year 10 mocks

Spoiler:
Show
I was pretty happy with my year 10 mock results. I got:

English literature (paper 2) - 7
English language (paper 1) - 8
Maths - 9
Biology (paper 1) - 8
Chemistry (paper 1) - 9
Physics (paper 1) - 9
French - 6
DT - 7

I also take further maths and computer science, but we didn't do a mock for further maths, and we haven't gotten our results back for computer science.

Thoughts about year 11

Spoiler:
Show
The subjects I'm most worried about are French (as we haven't covered nearly enough content, so it's going to be stressful) and English (I've never been very good at it, and there is wayy too much to remember for lit).

The subjects I'm least worried about are maths and computer science, as I enjoy them, and I am alright at them.

Grades I would like to get

Spoiler:
Show
In my actual GCSEs, I would want (this is not what I expect to get, but what I would like to get in an ideal world if I do proper revision etc :laugh:)

English Literature - 8 (would still be over the moon with a 7)
English Language - 8 (would still be very happy with a 7)
Maths - 9
Further Maths - 8 (No idea what this is like as I've never sat a mock or anything for it, but I would like to do well in it)
Biology - 9 (would be happy with an 8)
Chemistry - 9 (would be happy with an 8)
Physics - 9 (would be happy with an 8)
French - 7 (in my dreams)
Computer science - 9
Design technology - 7

A-Levels and sixth form

Spoiler:
Show
For A-Levels, the subjects I'm currently considering are maths, further maths, computer science, biology and physics. I'm not sure whether to take 3 or 4 (i.e whether I should do further maths or not) and which science to do. I know that I definitely want to take maths and computer science, and that I only want to take one other science though.

Not really sure what sixth form I want to go to.
I want to go to the one at my school (because it's the only one close to me) however it's not very good (not terrible or anything, but still).

The future...

Spoiler:
Show
In the future, at the moment I am considering something in computer science / networking / cyber security. I'm not really 'set' on any career path in particular, as most of the jobs within computer science that I've seen so far interest me lmao.

Let me know if you would like to be in the tag list . Can't promise I'll be posting on here regularly, and I'm not sure whether I'll do like mini updates more often or longer ones less often

Tag list (ask if you want to be added or removed )
Spoiler:
Show

Thanks for reading this page which is much longer than it needed to be
Last edited by maschro; 1 year ago
doks
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i'd love to be on the taglist!! i'm sure you'll do so well
Megxn0
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just finished year 11, good luck xx
maschro
Rep:
?
(Original post by doks)
i'd love to be on the taglist!! i'm sure you'll do so well
(Original post by Megxn0)
I just finished year 11, good luck xx
Thanks guys
maschro
Rep:
?
So (I think) I've decided on doing an update every week on Fridays. I probably won't stick to it much over the holidays though :laugh:.

But anyways, I don't really have much to say for this week as I'm not really planning on doing much over the holidays.

I've done most of the computer science course on seneca (except a bit on computer systems because it's sooo boring). I managed to get to number 1 on one of the leader boards (which isn't much of an achievement when it's over the last 7 days and pretty much no one is using it in the holidays) but I'll take that.
I also started doing a bit of physics on there too, but gave up in the end because (oops). I did manage to do the astronomy topic on seneca though.

I do have english and DT homework to do for next year (and maths but I've already done it lmao) which undoubtedly I will put off until the last minute.

Also I have a question - would you guys recommend doing much over the holidays before year 11?

Tag list

Spoiler:
Show
Megxn0
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
tbh, I didn’t do any work. However, i would recommend going over the things you struggle with, It’ll make things a lot easier for you in the future. But I don’t think it’s necessary, you could definitely still do really well without doing loads
maschro
Rep:
?
(Original post by Megxn0)
tbh, I didn’t do any work. However, i would recommend going over the things you struggle with, It’ll make things a lot easier for you in the future. But I don’t think it’s necessary, you could definitely still do really well without doing loads
Thanks
I will probably go over natural selection (or whatever the topic is called) in biology as we weren't really ever taught that properly (loads of supply teachers near the start of the year) and finish off annotating my poems. We've done all of them, but some of mine have next to no annotations on (oops).
doks
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i'm not going to do much to be honest. i'll be reviewing paper 1 biology seeing as i have a retest (whole year not just me) of a mock on the first day back and i know i'll have forgotten everything if i don't review but as megan said, it's really good to be reviewing stuff if you want to and have the time just don't burn yourself out !!
maschro
Rep:
?
(Original post by doks)
i'm not going to do much to be honest. i'll be reviewing paper 1 biology seeing as i have a retest (whole year not just me) of a mock on the first day back and i know i'll have forgotten everything if i don't review but as megan said, it's really good to be reviewing stuff if you want to and have the time just don't burn yourself out !!
Thanks for the advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (75)
37.31%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (22)
10.95%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.47%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (50)
24.88%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.44%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.96%

Watched Threads