Posted from TSR Mobile
green-turtle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ploddy69)
Hi Guys,

Anyone staying at Sugarwell in September or has anyone stayed there that could give me a bit more info? How far away fro the Headingley Campus is it etc? What do i need to bring etc?

Any help would be great

Cheers

Luke

I stayed in sugarwell last year. I can try answer any questions you have. I was at city campus, though my flatmate was at headingley. He said it was a good 40 minute walk or a 10-15 minute bus ride away . You should bring basic necessities kitchen wise, all bedding- duvet, covers, bottom sheets, pillows etc (though that's just common sense). They provided us with a kettle, microwave, bin and sweeping brush in our kitchen, so it was pretty basic. (no toaster though). Single rooms tend to be fairly small (unless you've paid for the en-suite- they'll be slightly bigger) so bare that in mind when you move in. Also bedrooms don't have TV aerial ports...(wtf). I learnt the hard way when I took my tv -_-. It's not a bad place to live, I enjoyed it for the most part
green-turtle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by remloulou)
is the bar really shut down cause when i went up there and spoke to some students living in there they said it was reopening and gettin gutted and re-done up along with airdale building:confused:
Haha, definitely wouldn't call it a bar , whoever you've spoke to have been telling you some tales aha ,xD There's a common room area, with tvs, sofas, a pool table and some vending machines- it's not really as fancy as it sounds i'm afraid. Don't recall them shutting that down through any point in the year- infact it was open right up until I left, they used it to let us grab packing boxes from. However, there was small GYM on site that shut down, wasn't open all last year (that I was there) if that's what you're referring to? There were talks of it being refurbished into an onsite small shop. Don't know how much truth is in that though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (36)
25.71%
No (104)
74.29%

Watched Threads