sonnybeavis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,

I am thinking of taking European Studies at University of Kent in Canterbury and I would like to know if it would be possible for me to take this in addition to a degree studying management with a year in industry?

Thank you for any help given
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you must ask the university this sort of specific question directly to Kent, but you have chosen a nice college.

If you apply through UCAS for 2020, applications are now open I believe, then you can choose another four colleges and a matrix of similar courses (you do have to write a motivation later/personal statement - and closely related courses make it easier to write)
Consider also a very flexible degree such as Liberal Arts at University of Dundee?

https://www.dundee.ac.uk/undergraduate/liberal-arts

Scotland *might* have much lower fees (±£1,800) for EU students in 2020/2021 entry, compared to the (±£10,000) for the other UK colleges.
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sonnybeavis)
Hello,

I am thinking of taking European Studies at University of Kent in Canterbury and I would like to know if it would be possible for me to take this in addition to a degree studying management with a year in industry?

Hi!

We offer European studies with Spanish and ab initio Italian. It requires a year in industry (doing a placement year is the norm here) and is a great course. We also offer Spanish and International management, which shares some of the same modules as the Spanish, Italian and European studies course.

Katie, 2nd year Modern Languages student
StudentRep Canterbury
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sonnybeavis)
Hello,
Hi

Hi Sonny,
Great to hear that you're looking to study at Kent! I have honestly loved my time here at the University and I have no doubt you will too.

Unfortunately Kent doesn't offer a degree in European Studies and Management specifically, however I taken a look for you and found other options that may be of interest to you.

For European Studies, the University offers the course along side a language including French, German, Italian, Spanish or Combined Languages (you get to pick two languages if you choose combined pathway). All of these offer a year abroad/year in industry however, does not have Management aspects within it. If you wanted, you could also take a study plus course to improve your skills and knowledge of Business/Management. They are non-credit bearing but is included Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR) upon graduating. It will also be listed on your transcript. You can take a look at the list of study plus courses here: https://www.kent.ac.uk/studyplus/courses/index.html

Alternatively, if there is a particular language you would like to learn, there are courses which are combined with Management listed below:
Hispanic Studies and Management (Spanish)
French and Management
Italian and Management
German and Management
These all have the option for a Year work/study abroad as well.

Another option could be taking a pure Management degree and doing a Language Express course: https://www.kent.ac.uk/cewl/courses/...ess/index.html

It is entirely up to you and quite flexible. I hope this has helped. Let me know if you have any further questions as I am always happy to help. I also have a friend who took European Studies (Combined) and did a year abroad if you would like to ask her a question specifically, do let me know!.

Phil - Final Year Kent Student
Last edited by StudentRep Canterbury; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (92)
13.86%
I'm not sure (31)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (213)
32.08%
I have already dropped out (15)
2.26%
I'm not a current university student (313)
47.14%

Watched Threads