I got a high C (13)
14.77%
I got below a C (25)
28.41%
mjamaly786
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by fisix)
I was going to do that but then I though no because the numbers were decreasing so the mean wouldnt have show the change accurately

And the 4c question i thought that was growth inhibitors not enzyme inhibitors.... growth inhibitors are plant growth substances.... aba/ethene???

dammit...i wrote that the growth inhibitor would stop the bacteria from reproducing asexually bcuz the inhibitors would stop one of the stages of mitosis...hence the bacteria population would stay under control
mjamaly786
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by M.A.H)
i wrote coz the glucose is being absorbedinto the bloodstream from the guts? :confused:
thats what i wrote...i said the glucose does not need to be broken down therefore it would get asorbed from the ileum straight into the bloodstream
robinsons
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by M.A.H)
i wrote coz the glucose is being absorbedinto the bloodstream from the guts? :confused:
Ergg. See that could also be an answer. The question was too vague, I didn't understand what it actually wanted to know - was it asking you to suggest why it happened so fast ("within one hour"), or just why there was an increase in blood sugar??

EDIT: Mjamal your answer sounds right. Damn. Only one mark I guess.
Peel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wrote red grouse, because numerically it increased the most, and all other birds showed a decrease in their populations towards the last year while the red grouse increased in population every year. (I did think of calculating the % difference, but thought I would be lazy.)
Peel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by robinsons)
Ergg. See that could also be an answer. The question was too vague, I didn't understand what it actually wanted to know - was it asking you to suggest why it happened so fast ("within one hour"), or just why there was an increase in blood sugar??

EDIT: Mjamal your answer sounds right. Damn. Only one mark I guess.
I could be wrong here (usually am), but I think what the question was getting at was that glucose doesn't have to be disgested so it can be directly absorbed into the blood stream - hence why the blood glucose concentration showed increase right from O onwards
robinsons
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Peel)
I could be wrong here (usually am), but I think what the question was getting at was that glucose doesn't have to be disgested so it can be directly absorbed into the blood stream - hence why the blood glucose concentration showed increase right from O onwards
Yup, am absolutely kicking myself now. Grr!!!
DRUBERT
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Peel)
I wrote red grouse, because numerically it increased the most, and all other birds showed a decrease in their populations towards the last year while the red grouse increased in population every year. (I did think of calculating the % difference, but thought I would be lazy.)
I did exactly the same thing, but now im thinking i should have used the other table aswel!
fisix
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What did people write about the nitrates question??

I wrote, Algal blooms will increase because of increase nitrates, increasing coverage of the pond surface. reducing light to submerged plants reducing oxygen conc in the pond reducing numbers of fish and increasing zooplankton decreasing bacteria
mjamaly786
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by fisix)

I wrote, Algal blooms will increase because of increase nitrates, increasing coverage of the pond surface. reducing light to submerged plants reducing oxygen conc in the pond reducing numbers of fish and increasing zooplankton decreasing bacteria
i wrote something like that...but i also wrote the bacteria would benefit from the nitrates and so they would increase in numbers and so more poisonous toxins in water hence the animals would ingest the toxins and die
jofebaqua10
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by M.A.H)
I put that glucose is high because glucagon converts glycogen to glucose.

I really messed up this paper! unit 4 was great though.
x_reggg
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by fisix)

i wrote the increase of nitrates would cause an algal bloom and increase the cyanobacteria (but then they said the cyanobacteria causes the algal bloom? :confused: ), then the poisonous substances the cyanobacteria produce kill all the fishes since they drink the water and the other two don't drink as much. then coz there's a lot of cyanobacteria the zooplankton numbers increase as well. then since there's so much of both, they use up a lot of oxygen and then continued on with eutrophication of the lake...
fn137
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Excalibur)
Thank you for uploading the papers. Do you have the Unit 4 paper too, Mos Def?

You can get the paper urself by simply just editing the link put up......just replace the paper number and date! :rolleyes:
Vancha
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What a terrible paper.

I think we should write to Edexcel! Who's with me!?
yassir
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
mannnnnn that unit 5 paper was craaaaaaaaaaaap.
*~sapna*~
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sozzberry)
Ok, what the heck was with the whole 6 marks insulin question?? And it was weird how they worded it "if this type of insulin had been USED", it just seems weird to say that insulin was "used", it's just there, it's not like he manually injected it or anything. Don't think I explained that very well but whatever. Didn't have a clue for that question. Pah.

i totally agree about that as i remember thinking the same whilst doing the paper

very badly worded questions this time!
mjamaly786
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mos Def)
Yeah but im quite pissed about how nothing U5 style came up, no genetic eng, no succession, no plant hormones, and some **** U2 question

yeah totalli
~Adel~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Did you guys actually compare the number of each bird species over the few years??? I only took the mean as i thought it's impossible to cram all the description into the few pathetic lines..

Regarding the one with nitrates:
The question was asking how would THE FOOD CHAIN be disrupted/affected. So i think one shouldn't bring in other organisms like submerged plants or so..but i did mention one other species too because it was three marks and i didn't know what else to write..assuming the grade boundary for A is 70% in RAW marks..i'm going to vote for an A. Wouldn't an additional option of between A and B be great?
~Adel~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Vancha)
What a terrible paper.

I think we should write to Edexcel! Who's with me!?
How can we do that? What's their email address? Besides, will they really read the emails..?
nnkuk
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That was one of the worst paper I have ever ever ever done! Im so pissed off, I really think I have lost my place at uni because of this. I hope the grade boundaries are ridiculously low, I really hope something like 38 for an A would be great!
goodbyeforever
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by effervescence)
What? What is this? Did I miss out a page?? Or is this paper 5H? Please please please be 5H.

Sorry mate but this is not 5H, no % increase question in that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
10.53%
They might tell the bully (3)
15.79%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
15.79%
It might lead to more bullying (6)
31.58%
There's nothing they could do (5)
26.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise