14.77%
I got below a C (25)
28.41%
gorilla_baby
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
im back again, i just couldnt resist...lol...well, i have 3 synoptic papers on consecutive days, so now i either fail one of them or do 50/50 in all three...man i'd like to have a serious chat with whoever came up with this exam timetable, not even half a day in between each exam...what the hell??!! seriously, last year people had 3 days between last 2 exams, well, if they were doing chemistry and physics and biology as well. this sucks.
I see i'm not the only one who messed up C4 as well, once again they put C4 with chemistry unit 5, two impossible subjects????!! we ARE humans you edexcel people!!!
sabinahano
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
OMDZZZ how can anyone say this paper went well?!? it was the hardest fkn thing id seen!!! the questions wher sho not clear and i just wrote a whole load of bull..n btw i think it was one 3 for the lipids q together coz otherwise they'd say for each.
~Adel~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
oh dear gorilla baby, i'm back too! By the way, the three synoptics that you were talking about are not all 50 marks in total. Chemistry is but for Physics it's 80 marks and 38 for Biology..i think i'll fail my Physics paper..
effervescence
Report 11 years ago
I actually think I've lost more marks than I gained. I can't think of one question which I have got anywhere near full marks. I'm definitely not going to get an A, definitely not a B, very highly unlikely a C, highly unlikely a D, unlikely an E, probably a U. Oh well I could always get a job at asda.
effervescence
Report 11 years ago
Or become a busker, that's always looked quite exciting
~Adel~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
asda? Don't be so pessimistic, effervescence..it might turn up to be much better than you thought..
Sky Twilight
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Erm. I'm screwed. I havent done a single essay .. my brain is like going into overload every single day before each exam There's no fricking time.
tobidmob2
Report 11 years ago
Gosh, unit 5 wasnt HARD biology, that is if we read all those things, bcos it wasnt like we wernt familiar wiv wat was brought out, we jus didnt expect to be caught short like that, they will def reduce the grade boundaries, as i expect a whole nation of people to do badly.....jus hopin for the best....
Peel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ~Adel~)
Yellow patches: magnesium is am important constituent of chlorophyll, hence as the magnesium ions deplete in the soil, the chlorophyll might break down/no formation of new chlorophyll, hence the green colour fades and the carotenoids which is masked by chlorphyll will show up its colour, which is yellowish orrange.
I think the carotenoids colour wouldn't be shown up, rather the orange / yellow spectrum would be absorbed less (due to the lack of chlorophyll) causing these colours to be reflected and so the plants appearing yellow.

Edit: actually you're right... there goes another 3 marks or so.

I've well and truly failed this test though; I think I'm looking at a B very maximum . I always find my answers are more succinct online too, instead of the vague, hazy ones I give in exams.
tomthebum
Report 11 years ago
i messed this up so badlyy....
gorilla_baby
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i like the fact that in the poll it only goes to grade C, and doesnt bother with seperate ones for lower grades, lol, i personally would go all the way with the grades, definitely not U,N, but E,D,C seem more likey, C only if grade boundaries hit the floor..
DRUBERT
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What is the A2 coursework worth? I thought it was 16% of A2? if so, that potentially another 48 ums marks, but then this doesn't seem right!? Anyone know?
~Adel~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Peel)
I think the carotenoids colour wouldn't be shown up, rather the orange / yellow spectrum would be absorbed less (due to the lack of chlorophyll) causing these colours to be reflected and so the plants appearing yellow.

Edit: actually you're right... there goes another 3 marks or so.

I've well and truly failed this test though; I think I'm looking at a B very maximum . I always find my answers are more succinct online too, instead of the vague, hazy ones I give in exams.
It's only two marks for that question so don't get too stressed out on it..I'll probably get a B or a very low A..
x_reggg
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by gorilla_baby)
im back again, i just couldnt resist...lol...well, i have 3 synoptic papers on consecutive days, so now i either fail one of them or do 50/50 in all three...man i'd like to have a serious chat with whoever came up with this exam timetable, not even half a day in between each exam...what the hell??!! seriously, last year people had 3 days between last 2 exams, well, if they were doing chemistry and physics and biology as well. this sucks.
I see i'm not the only one who messed up C4 as well, once again they put C4 with chemistry unit 5, two impossible subjects????!! we ARE humans you edexcel people!!!
hey, 3 synoptics on consecutive days isn't as bad as 5-ish synoptics (three sciences and FP2/FP3) the whole week

and don't get my started on the january timetable we/i had this year. exams for the whole month
Mos Def
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by ps7)
all of unit 6 (synoptic and cw) is worth 70 raw marks
which is 100 UMS
the cw is out of 32 raw marks-and synoptic is 38

you need about 50 on synoptic (according to recent grade boudnries) to get an A
so i got 28 on my coursework- i would need about 20 more marks on synoptic to get 80 for unit 6
(but of course i need higher than that since i ****ed up unit 5 so badly)
I think i got similar c/w marks to you, like a mid/low B, how many marks do we roughly need in the synoptic?
Mos Def
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by ps7)
to get an A in unit 6, we would need 20/22 marks on synoptic-
im going to aim for higher though to make up for unit 5
Is it 55%ish to get an A in U6 normally? daaamn
M.A.H
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mos Def)
Is it 55%ish to get an A in U6 normally? daaamn
omg if thats true then theres still hope for me yet
Peel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ~Adel~)
It's only two marks for that question so don't get too stressed out on it..I'll probably get a B or a very low A..
Thanks for the reassurance. Hopefully I'll be able to make it up with Unit 6!

Edit. (Thanks ps7 too!)
effervescence
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ps7)
50/70 for unit 6 for an A
there is still hope!
That's over 70%, still no hope for me.
effervescence
Report 11 years ago
Oh, that's unit 6, maybe there is hope.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed