I got a high C (13)
14.77%
I got below a C (25)
28.41%
lollylamb1
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by effervescence)
I wrote Hydrogen bonding - relatively weak and ionic bonding between R groups - relatively weak but I know now that ionic are relatively strong. That's just one in a long chain of marks that I lost, I'll be surprised if I even get a C.
i wrote peptide and hydrogen and said disulphide the strongest...who knows...even though in chem hydrogen bonds are always soo strong???
fisix
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ~Adel~)
i wrote ethanol for the solvent too, i read it on wikipedia..

By the way, looks like many of you wrote 3 instead of 6, just like me. AND, by the way, the anti bla bla bla to anti bla bla bla 2 part was just so obscure..i wrote the enzyme inhibitor thing too..but when i did the next question, they were asking us to describe the enzyme inhibitor's action AGAIN..so i was thinking..will they give me about 6 marks for just describing the same thing? Anyway,i didn't know what else to write so..
There was ojnly one enzyme inhibitor question wasn't there?? the other one was point mutaion... and how insulin molecule would change if cycteine was substituted with another amino acid...

I wrote cyc was where the disulphide bridges were formed so the specific tertiary and quaternay stucrture would have been altered, so insulin wouldnt work
rose90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
wait..from chemistry isnt hydrogen the strongest??
hibzcribz
Report 11 years ago
ugh...ud think they could atLEAST make the paper qs's clear...its like we should b given marks 4 just bein able 2 decode the qs's
JayG99
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Medicine Man)
i didn't actually sit this paper because my school thought i wouldn't be ready to finish the A level in a year - partly true! (i'm in year 12) but i'll be finishing the A level in January. this paper was really good btw.(no offence to those who found it tricky) Lots of basic knowlege from units 1 and bits from units 3. Not much on genetic engineering too which is always good. i wish i had sat this paper - better chance of me getting an A i hope. Just hope jan 09 is as good if not better.
My friend, when you go a whole year neglecting synoptic, it's not as easy. If i'd done the A level this year would have been easier too because at least Units 1-3 would have been fresh on my mind.
effervescence
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by hibzcribz)
but i swear the disulphide covalent bond is stronger?
Oh I really hope it is. It says in the revision guide that ionic bonds are strong and Hydrogen bonds are weak but it doesn't make a comparison with disulphide bridges so I just assumed that H+ would be weaker and ionic stronger...
lollylamb1
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by hibzcribz)
but i swear the disulphide covalent bond is stronger?
i thought that too!
JayG99
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by rose90)
Covalent bonds (intramolecular?) are stronger than hydrogen bonds (intermolecular)
lollylamb1
Report 11 years ago
thats what i thought but for some reason i thought disulphide was stronger than them all so wrote that
rose90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by JayG99)
My friend, when you go a whole year neglecting synoptic, it's not as easy. If i'd done the A level this year would have been easier too because at least Units 1-3 would have been fresh on my mind.
LOL exactlyyy

if we were in AS now like him then it would be fresh and all easy

but not touching AS for 1 year becuase i was trying to teach myself A2 as my lovely teacher never turned up to his lessons..there was no time to go over the whole AS as well..so my future looks lovely get ugly grades go to an ugly uni and ugly degree with an ugly career eww lol awful
lollylamb1
Report 11 years ago
That was a peptide bond made from a condensation reaction in translation on the ribosomes.

For the disulphide one, the other bonds were hydrogen and ionic. Hydrogen is weaker and ionic is stronger, than disulphide.
k i put peptide bonds and condensation reactions....
rose90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Covalent bonds (intramolecular?) are stronger than hydrogen bonds (intermolecular)

ahh yesss

oh man
fisix
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
no hydorgen bonding isnt the strongest ionic then covelant then intermolecular forces....
hibzcribz
Report 11 years ago
LOL exactlyyy

if we were in AS now like him then it would be fresh and all easy

but not touching AS for 1 year becuase i was trying to teach myself A2 as my lovely teacher never turned up to his lessons..there was no time to go over the whole AS as well..so my future looks lovely get ugly grades go to an ugly uni and ugly degree with an ugly career eww lol awful

Omg...snap!...my teacher didnt turn up 2 my lessons as well..and when he did...he just read out of a book...useful *rolls eyes*
effervescence
Report 11 years ago
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who found it hard!! All my friends were really surprised at how "easy it was", then I heard this I just went home and cried for about 2 hours
fisix
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by lollylamb1)
k i put peptide bonds and condensation reactions....

oh noo
condensation not hydrolysis lol
rose90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who found it hard!! All my friends were really surprised at how "easy it was", then I heard this I just went home and cried for about 2 hours

btw its really varied like i spoke to my friends at other schools like and they proper are really clever lool they all found it really hard..and my school did and yea im just hoping drade boundries go down..a lot lol
hibzcribz
Report 11 years ago

Ur friends must have literally swallowed both AS and A2 bio books
lollylamb1
Report 11 years ago
ye i went home and was just tapping away on my calculator and crying cz im going to get a C and i need a B
Medicine Man
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ok guys - didn't mean to cause any offence and i know u guys are probably right. You definitely forget units 1-3 when you do the paper a whole year later. especially with lots of info in units 4 and 5 to revise!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.8%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.76%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.09%
It might lead to more bullying (129)
38.17%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.18%

Watched Threads