Peppet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ciannarai)
Hello,
Yes if you pass the exams you are progress on to the DH or DHDT course. We were told once accepted on to the course which path we were selected for (most got their preference). The course is really good, very very intense. Obviously our circumstances are different due to Covid, half way our lessons stopped. If I was to go back in hei sight I would do it all over again. I feel I'm alot more prepare for the DHDT course in September.
Hope that helps.
Cianna
Thank you! I am looking to apply but I am really nervous. I feel like my personal statement is not up to the point. The fear of getting rejected is getting to me because I really want to get into this course. How many students do they take per term? Is it very difficult to get a space? Also what is the class time like? Is it 9-3 or longer? Sorry too many questions. Thanks again!
Merina
Ciannarai
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
About 400-500 apply ... 16 on the course. Get someone to check your personal statement and don't look at rejection as a negative take it as... ok where do I need to improve what can I do? It is competitive some apply for years some get in on their 1st try.
Most importantly be honest and be yourself.
Most days it was 9-4 but you can go library after for an hour or so set up a study group, they encourage this.
Best of luck!!
Mimmy920
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi everyone. I have decided to apply for the course as well, this time around I want to be as prepared as possible. I was hoping if anyone who has taken part in the interview process could comment with what type of questions will be asked? I have had an interview for a dental hygienist course and wanted to know if the questions will be asked in a similar fashion.Many thanks
Peppet
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Mimmy920)
Hi everyone. I have decided to apply for the course as well, this time around I want to be as prepared as possible. I was hoping if anyone who has taken part in the interview process could comment with what type of questions will be asked? I have had an interview for a dental hygienist course and wanted to know if the questions will be asked in a similar fashion.Many thanks
Hiya i applied for 2021 Jan session but have not heard back from them. Did you apply for jan start or are you planning to apply for 2022?
Ciannarai
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Yes, the questions will be the same generally for all the courses DDP, DHDT, DH, and Dental nursing. But in saying that the process can change sometimes they do mini stations. Just make sure you are honest speak from the heart. If you have a dental back ground make sure you know your NHS core values, GDC standards and experience in using them. Most importantly understand the role you are applying for. Best of luck!!! X
Mimmy920
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by MERINA93)
Hiya i applied for 2021 Jan session but have not heard back from them. Did you apply for jan start or are you planning to apply for 2022?
Unfortunately I won't be able to apply for 2021 as i recently find out about this course, so I'll apply for 2022
Mimmy920
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Ciannarai)
Yes, the questions will be the same generally for all the courses DDP, DHDT, DH, and Dental nursing. But in saying that the process can change sometimes they do mini stations. Just make sure you are honest speak from the heart. If you have a dental back ground make sure you know your NHS core values, GDC standards and experience in using them. Most importantly understand the role you are applying for. Best of luck!!! X
Thank you so much for your reply, you' ve been very helpful
kk6313
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi This thread has been really helpful, thanks everyone. I have been invited to an interview in November. So excited!
Last edited by kk6313; 11 months ago
Peppet
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by kk6313)
Hi This thread has been really helpful, thanks everyone. I have been invited to an interview in November. So excited!
I am so worried as I have not heard back from them! Best of luck for your interview!
Leesuhhh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi ive applied and had the interview, just waiting for their decision, i hope I get in!
Peppet
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Leesuhhh)
Hi ive applied and had the interview, just waiting for their decision, i hope I get in!
What kind of questions did they ask during the interview? I still have not heard back from them in regards to my application so I am guessing I didn’t make it. Best of luck for your results!
kk6313
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
How exciting! I hope we hear from them soon. I know they said 3 weeks...but I can’t stop refreshing my e-mails 😂
rosiem1510
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
They said to get in contact if I hadn't heard back in two weeks from my interview... I have emailed to see if there have been any updates but no reply yet! So eager to know!!
Leesuhhh
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Did you guys hear back?
rosiem1510
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Yes! I have been offered a place! :-) what about you?
Leesuhhh
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
same!
kk6313
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Congratulations 😁 I have also been accepted!
rosiem1510
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by kk6313)
Congratulations 😁 I have also been accepted!
ahhhhh! well done guys 😁😁 see you on the course!
Leesuhhh
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Idk if I should wait for an email from the uni and then start doing things or start applying for things now- accom and finance lol
kk6313
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I’ve spoken to student finance and I believe we don’t need to apply for anything until February. The DDP course fee needs to be paid seperately, either in full or instalments! 😁 I’ve emailed the UPDA admissions today - need to know which day of the week the course will be on. Anyone else in the same boat, having to give at least 4 weeks notice or just me 😂🤷🏼?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.78%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
15.28%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (12)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
11.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (27)
37.5%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (12)
16.67%

Watched Threads