Desperate help to get summer job! Watch

Superman_Jr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Well basically, I really want to get my lazy arse into work. I'm 15 atm but my birthday is on the 18th June so that shouldn't be a problem. I was thinking of getting into shops like ASDA, MAKRO, CO-OP etc, but i was thinking what jobs do they give out. Also, as I have no knowledge about this concept, do summer jobs tend to last for the whole summer or just a couple of weeks?
Lastly if I said I would like to get a job for the whole summer, would that be a better chance of getting in?
And are there other jobs you would recommend? I heard something about paper round or something? (Is it also too late?)
Any information/advice would be really helpful
~thanks:cool:
username163092
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think you have to be 16 to work with tills, so it'll be pretty hard getting jobs in shops (most expect you to do some till work). But working in a restaurant/pub should be pretty easy to get. A friend of mine applied for a job where they interveiwed practically everyone, but he didn't get one, because (to the best of my knowledge) he wasn't 16 when he applied. I ended up getting it though, LOL.

Anyway, good luck with finding a job!
keri_x
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
I got my part-time job for the christmas holidays (summer break in australia) a couple of years ago and I still have it now
I'm a check-out chick - this is a pretty easy job if you don't mind the occasional *****y customer. You just have to smile like all day and process people's sales Working in a department store is probably better than a supermarket, too. I'm not sure about doing the paper round - in australia you don't get paid much at all for it.

Some of my friends work at places like Maccas but it's not that good there because they don't give you much choice for hours. Make sure your employer understands that if you are going to continue to work for them after summer break then your studies are going to be a priority.
pinksparkles2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Dont go for a paper round if you want to earn proper money. Its like £10 a week and takes about 2 hours of hard work.
Yeah go for one of the supermarkets, Waitrose pay better than most of the others I've heard. Ooh and M&S is brilliant pay, and when you've been there a few months it goes up a lot. And they probably dont offer 'summer jobs' more just like you apply, you get the job, and then you leave after summer if you dont want to work any longer. Or stay on if you want to!
xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise