Results day Watch

mchat
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
AS results day soon and idk whether to be worried about chemistry or maths. Maths was harder but the grade boundaries are usually lower whereas chemistry always has high grade boundaries.😬
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
lemmens
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mchat)
AS results day soon and idk whether to be worried about chemistry or maths. Maths was harder but the grade boundaries are usually lower whereas chemistry always has high grade boundaries.😬
Ahh I’m worried too!! But I guess the grades and grade boundaries are determined and no amount of thinking or stress is gonna change them now. And I’m sure you’ll be fine!! What exam boards were you on and what other subjects did you do? :)
mchat
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by lemmens)
Ahh I’m worried too!! But I guess the grades and grade boundaries are determined and no amount of thinking or stress is gonna change them now. And I’m sure you’ll be fine!! What exam boards were you on and what other subjects did you do? :)
Sorry for the late reply.For maths I done aqa and chemistry I done ocr and my other subjects are history and biology but I’m not really worried about them. Well history apparently there’s a high chance it’s incorrectly marked 😬😬 but yeah you’re right there’s no point in stressing like my results are already out there by now. Not much I can do now
lemmens
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mchat)
Sorry for the late reply.For maths I done aqa and chemistry I done ocr and my other subjects are history and biology but I’m not really worried about them. Well history apparently there’s a high chance it’s incorrectly marked 😬😬 but yeah you’re right there’s no point in stressing like my results are already out there by now. Not much I can do now
No worries☺️ I was AQA for maths too but I think that’s the only common one. My friend in Y13 mentioned that to me as well, like only a 40% chance or something that the grade will be accurate? I’m not sure how true that is but it’s awful!!

Exactly, that’s a good way of looking at it. Are you gonna keep all 4 a-levels through to next year?
mchat
Rep:
?
No worries☺️ I was AQA for maths too but I think that’s the only common one. My friend in Y13 mentioned that to me as well, like only a 40% chance or something that the grade will be accurate? I’m not sure how true that is but it’s awful!!

Exactly, that’s a good way of looking at it. Are you gonna keep all 4 a-levels through to next year?
Nope I’m planning on dropping biology if I managed to pass the rest even if biology is my best grade because I don’t see myself doing anything got to do with it in the future and tbh the only reason I picked it was because of my mum😂 what about you or do you only do three
mchat
Rep:
?

Yeah I heard about the marking but I’m just hoping the grade boundaries are as low as last year it was like 50% for an A
lemmens
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mchat)
Nope I’m planning on dropping biology if I managed to pass the rest even if biology is my best grade because I don’t see myself doing anything got to do with it in the future and tbh the only reason I picked it was because of my mum😂 what about you or do you only do three
Ah right yeah probably a good idea then if you don’t really enjoy it😂😂

I do four and am considering dropping physics but I’m not too sure and it depends how tomorrow goes!!
mchat
Rep:
?
Ah right yeah probably a good idea then if you don’t really enjoy it😂😂

I do four and am considering dropping physics but I’m not too sure and it depends how tomorrow goes!!
Ohh that’s cool I rate people who do physics it’s hard. What are you planning on doing at uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.73%
Excited (150)
8.97%
Worried (303)
18.11%
Terrified (374)
22.36%
Meh (155)
9.26%
Confused (37)
2.21%