help please:). accounting, business studies + law Watch

BraceLets.NeckLaces.:)
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Right.
I have always been interested in law and accountancy.
When i am older i think i want to become an accountant and take the ACA qualification.
Also take an accountancy degree at uni. (i was thinking Aston).
I was wondering if the subjects accounting, business and law would be a good choice at as-level and a-level.
i know they arn't too well respected but it's what i want to do.. do you think they will get me into uni?
stew1988
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
They will.

But why not do an AAT course and find a company to work for who will sponsor you through it.. That would be a hell lot cheaper and easier for yourself.

I worked for a company called British Gypsum in the summer, in the Sales Ledger department and they had a number of young people aged around 17 - 22 who were sponsored students.. Many of which had nice cars etc..
Rep:
?
thanks
yeah i've looked into the AAT course, but i'd rather have the experience of going to uni and living in the halls of residence/ living away from home.
Bebbs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
try doing maths instead of one of those options. Those are all "soft" subjects, and some unis require Alevel maths, dunno specifically about aston though
Rep:
?
i hated maths at gcse level but yeah i thought it would be a good idea to do it at alevel anyway but becasue i hated it sooo much i had to drop it. i got a B in gcse maths though and i have realised a lot of unis ask for maths but i have found some good ones that dont. eg Aston, Loughborough, Sheffield..

they just ask for a minimum of gcse B, so thank god for that
stew1988
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
if you wana go uni, then them subjects should be fine
jabed786
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Even though you havent got the so called 'academic' subjects, but surely uni's will notice how well equiped you are for the world of finance unlike people who come to do business degree and haven't ever studied anything related to it.

I'm doing business & accounting like you, and I haven been also worried that unis will think im just a person who took the 'easy' alevels. As long as you get the good grades you can get into a few good redbrick unis that arent to bothered about soft alevels.

p.s. I know you want to go to uni for the experience but doing an ATT will definatly be a good option after college.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.8%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.4%
Not great so far... (229)
35.45%
I want to drop out! (125)
19.35%

Watched Threads