The Student Room Group

Is this flirting?

My friend of 5 years who is a girl (I am also a girl but am not a lesbian), has always been a little too keen when it comes to certain situations e.g. laughs at things I say even though they aren’t funny and laughs way too much over it, and wherever I walk she follows even when in a group etc. She always says things to me that sound a bit dodgy in a sexual way and compliments me like a girl would with a guy, she also hints at things like I have grey eyes and dark hair and she always says she loves my colour eyes and hair when talking about what she finds attractive. She has talks about boys but not in front of me, only when with other friends, and gets weird when I talk about boys. She has never said she was bi or interested but I have always been suspicious and another friend of mine who is a lesbian said that she thinks the my friend is nicer around me. So has she been flirting? I’m awful at knowing when someone flirts but thought of how she has acted and think she might be. I’m not interested in her at all and like being friends but I’m not sure whether to tell her I’m not interested.
Original post by Anonymous
My friend of 5 years who is a girl (I am also a girl but am not a lesbian), has always been a little too keen when it comes to certain situations e.g. laughs at things I say even though they aren’t funny and laughs way too much over it, and wherever I walk she follows even when in a group etc. She always says things to me that sound a bit dodgy in a sexual way and compliments me like a girl would with a guy, she also hints at things like I have grey eyes and dark hair and she always says she loves my colour eyes and hair when talking about what she finds attractive. She has talks about boys but not in front of me, only when with other friends, and gets weird when I talk about boys. She has never said she was bi or interested but I have always been suspicious and another friend of mine who is a lesbian said that she thinks the my friend is nicer around me. So has she been flirting? I’m awful at knowing when someone flirts but thought of how she has acted and think she might be. I’m not interested in her at all and like being friends but I’m not sure whether to tell her I’m not interested.

Don't tell her your not interested, if she hasn’t asked u out in five years she isn’t going to in the future, just carry on being friends
Has she showed any signs of being gay? Try to make a conversation about gay rights and see how she reacts.
Does she watch tv shows which have gay characters?
How does she talk about boys? In what manner?
If you're not interested then it doesn't matter. Her sexuality isn't any of your business.
Reply 4
Original post by sinfonietta
If you're not interested then it doesn't matter. Her sexuality isn't any of your business.

That’s not what this post is about, and I don’t care about her sexuality, I wanted to know if others think she’s showing interest!
Reply 5
Original post by linctavia
Has she showed any signs of being gay? Try to make a conversation about gay rights and see how she reacts.
Does she watch tv shows which have gay characters?
How does she talk about boys? In what manner?

She has said before she supports gay rights and has gay friends, she likes watching Ru Paul’s drag race (not sure if that’s what it’s called), she always brushes boys off and says bad things about boys I show interest in but she does like someone atm but she said they’re taken. She goes in about things she finds attractive but doesn’t say much.
Just to add, girls in general tend to be a lot more complimentary. My friends stare at me all the time and compliment random things about me, it’s not that deep.
She has said before she supports gay rights and has gay friends, she likes watching Ru Paul’s drag race (not sure if that’s what it’s called), she always brushes boys off and says bad things about boys I show interest in but she does like someone atm but she said they’re taken. She goes in about things she finds attractive but doesn’t say much.

That could explain somethings.
But since she has a crush, is it on a guy or girl?
Reply 8
Original post by linctavia
That could explain somethings.
But since she has a crush, is it on a guy or girl?

No one knows! Another friend thinks it’s odd
You can ask her if you’re good friends. Make her talk about her crush. If she doesn’t wanna say a name then just ask what they look like etc.
Original post by Kristen1283
Just to add, girls in general tend to be a lot more complimentary. My friends stare at me all the time and compliment random things about me, it’s not that deep.

I know that, me and my other friends compliment clothes or hair/ makeup, but she says weird things about my muscles! Which I don’t think I have, and sometimes she gets a bit too touchy feely
I know that, me and my other friends compliment clothes or hair/ makeup, but she says weird things about my muscles! Which I don’t think I have, and sometimes she gets a bit too touchy feely

My friends will fully slap my ass and scream dirty sh*t. If you don't like it, just make it clear it's making you uncomfortable but I don't think it's flirty, just because of how weird my mates are:biggrin:
Original post by Kristen1283
My friends will fully slap my ass and scream dirty sh*t. If you don't like it, just make it clear it's making you uncomfortable but I don't think it's flirty, just because of how weird my mates are:biggrin:

Fair enough 🤣

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending