Ask Pearson your questions ahead of A level results day! Watch

Evil Homer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
It’s almost THAT time of year, Love Island is over, the heatwave is done and minds are now drifting to the 15th of August and A-level results day. There, I’ve said it! :afraid:

We know this can be a confusing time for you guys, and you may have a whole host of questions or things you need to be cleared up before the big day. :curious: That’s why we are teaming up with Pearson to get you the answers you need ahead of A-level results day. :woo:

Post your questions down below. We will then collate them and get the most asked questions over to Pearson to answer, with the information being released before the 15th!

If you want to see a top exam board answer YOUR question, get involved and post below!

Edit:

Here are two videos we have created with Pearson answering as many of your questions as we could

_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
take a shot for every question about a-level maths.
Nibblet27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How am I supposed to decide if I should get a remark or not if I don't get the grade I need?
MediocreSince01
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is it true that grade boundaries can only change by 5% each year
8Greenorange
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Have all the papers been marked by now
The Mogg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I didn't even do A Levels, but I'm here for all the A Level Maths and Further Maths questions.
the cookie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Have you removed the two questions from Edexcel maths paper 3 from marking?.
anonymoussse
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
please give me an a*/a for biology gce jokinggg
SaraS786
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What was done to make sure the grading was fair after the issues with difficulty levels of A-Level Edexcel Maths papers and leaks of the papers before the exams? (were certain questions taken out? paper discounted? etc)
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Did you lot spare my life?

Spoiler:
Show
(By that I mean did you lot give me the grades I needed for my uni)
MrsJLD
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What are you going to do about the grade boundaries for the leaked A Level Maths paper? I feel students grades have potentially been compromised. My daughter was predicted an A and without it her dreams of becoming a doctor are in jeopardy despite passing both the BMAT and UKCAT tests and rigorous interviews securing 3 offers to study at Lancaster, Liverpool and Manchester. Pearson have caused so much stress to her over this and if she does not get the grade she rightly deserves due to Pearson as parents we will be looking for a college that uses a different examination board for her younger brother!
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Will there be any changes made with how the exam scripts are distributed to centres following the A-level maths leak?
Aaryra
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
beg u give me an A*
cheers x
MagnumKoishi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What's the FM boundaries lol
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Switch01
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is it true that the papers get finished marking by late july? When do you guys make grade boundaries?
UltraVioletxo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What time do Pearson release A level grade boundaries on results day?
RedGiant
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
"top exam board"
mysticmagic2000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you essentially think that the changes you made to our exams this year particularly in Maths were beneficially? Do you think it’s fair that the vast majority of the a level maths paper was catered towards the Further Maths students, for example the method of differences question on paper 2? How have you ensured that no one has been disadvantaged by the dodgy exam centre - have you ammended the exam paper etc? Finally, have you refunded the schools for the lack of professionalism that you have shown throughout this? Essentially that’s the least you can do for your failings...
MediocreSince01
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mysticmagic2000)
Do you essentially think that the changes you made to our exams this year particularly in Maths were beneficially? Do you think it’s fair that the vast majority of the a level maths paper was catered towards the Further Maths students, for example the method of differences question on paper 2? How have you ensured that no one has been disadvantaged by the dodgy exam centre - have you ammended the exam paper etc? Finally, have you refunded the schools for the lack of professionalism that you have shown throughout this? Essentially that’s the least you can do for your failings...
The paper was not catered towards further maths students. I don't see anywhere where doing further maths would've been beneficial.
Okay123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mysticmagic2000)
Your being a bit over dramatic. Doing further maths would have helped sure, but nothing in that paper was further maths specific, everything was do-able by regular math students. Its the same with doing English Lit and History, for students that took both they have an 'advantage' due to stronger essay writing skills. That is the only advantage that further maths students had, being better at maths. I did the question you are referring to via exhaustion which is just normal maths. So stop.
Last edited by Okay123; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.52%
Excited (156)
9.13%
Worried (306)
17.91%
Terrified (380)
22.24%
Meh (168)
9.83%
Confused (37)
2.17%