Has someone ever been so mean to you that you wonder how others woudl treat you if yo

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
you were in the same situation?
for example recently I joined a new job and a woman was very rude to me as I needed help with helping customers and finding where things were. Only 4 days in the job she thought it would okay to make me feel stupid and dumb. I could tell she was being irritated but didn't think she would talk to me so rudely. She basically said I had no common sense blah blah blah. I was so upset but everyone consoled me and now after leaving I still feel upset about it. She made me cry and argued with me.
Now I cant help but think how other people would have reacted if I asked them for help if that makes sense. The rest of the employees were so nice to me etc and if I needed help they would help me without giving attitude. When I was crying they were all telling me how she is rude etc. I am telling myself that if I had asked them or even other people no one would've talked to me like that. But now I cant help but see other people negatively. For example I now look at my cousin and wonder if she was an employee at the place and I was asking her for help and guidance would she have treated me in that way. I hope what im trying to convey makes some sense. This is also scaring me a lot to find a new job. But im reassuring myself that she was just a one off rude person who you rarely come across and everyday people are not rude like her but I cant help but think that now. Its one of those ones where you have to put someone in a specific situation to know if they would be mean to you rather just deciding if someone is mean or nice. Im worried if at my new job , if I ask for help if I meet someone like her and get treated wrongly

can someone reassure me please and give me advice/opinion
snow.fall15
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
you were in the same situation?
for example recently I joined a new job and a woman was very rude to me as I needed help with helping customers and finding where things were. Only 4 days in the job she thought it would okay to make me feel stupid and dumb. I could tell she was being irritated but didn't think she would talk to me so rudely. She basically said I had no common sense blah blah blah. I was so upset but everyone consoled me and now after leaving I still feel upset about it. She made me cry and argued with me.
Now I cant help but think how other people would have reacted if I asked them for help if that makes sense. The rest of the employees were so nice to me etc and if I needed help they would help me without giving attitude. When I was crying they were all telling me how she is rude etc. I am telling myself that if I had asked them or even other people no one would've talked to me like that. But now I cant help but see other people negatively. For example I now look at my cousin and wonder if she was an employee at the place and I was asking her for help and guidance would she have treated me in that way. I hope what im trying to convey makes some sense. This is also scaring me a lot to find a new job. But im reassuring myself that she was just a one off rude person who you rarely come across and everyday people are not rude like her but I cant help but think that now. Its one of those ones where you have to put someone in a specific situation to know if they would be mean to you rather just deciding if someone is mean or nice. Im worried if at my new job , if I ask for help if I meet someone like her and get treated wrongly

can someone reassure me please and give me advice/opinion
I'm sorry that happened to you. I have to tell you that there are probabbly many ppl like that you will encouter in life, but there are also many good ones! Dont let that woman make you feel bad about yourself at all and try to move on with a positive attitude. It may help to think about her perspective and maybe she was having a harrd time in her life, but of course that is no excuse. Hope you feel better! -S
Anonymous #1
thank you so much, need more people like you !! xx
Anonymous #2
Report 7 months ago
If you think that’s been treated bad it sounds like you’re a bit mollycoddled. I’d suggest to grow up
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
i’m sensitive so i would feel bad. when you’re trying, it hurts even more.
Anonymous #1
Yes exactly. I was trying and making a conscious effort to get to know the place too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (131)
30.05%
No (305)
69.95%

Watched Threads