The Student Room Group

Living at home

Does anyone have any advice about how to get involved and make friends at uni while living at home?
Reply 1
Just be friendly and go to all the socials/ parties you can. Even studying in the library (you can invite people on your course to study with you) Don’t rush to head home after your lectures etc and you’ll be all good :smile:
Original post by Ellie Kiera
Does anyone have any advice about how to get involved and make friends at uni while living at home?

Hi Ellie! :smile:

I'd definitely recommend joining a club or society, it's a great way to make friends and meet people with similar interests to you! You could also speak to the Students' Union about any volunteering opportunities, or think about becoming a student ambassador! :thumbsup:

I have a blog post from a student who lives at home that you might find of interest, he has some great ideas on ways to make friends whilst living at home :biggrin:

Studying from home- a rarely mentioned student: https://bit.ly/2MDhvWZ

If you have any questions please just ask :smile:

Becky
Original post by Ellie Kiera

Hi there @Ellie Kiera

As @University of Bradford have said, definitely look to joining a society to meet people off other course and with similar interests. I was a mature student who lived off campus and I found joining a society really helped me meet other people. I was also a student ambassador which meant I met lots of others and also made a little money!

Please email any questions we can help you with!

Fi :horse:
Hey,

Clubs and societies can do the trick, but, mainly, making an effort.
If you don't make the effort with people, they probably won't do the same back.
It's a lot harder when you have to travel back and forth, but if you make the effort with people, you'll probably end up staying over theirs, meeting their friends, hanging around the accommodation, etc!

Hope this helps a little :smile:
Joshua

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending