English Lit Unit 6 (Edexcel) - Unseen Poetry Watch

Sianeh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well you don't have a choice, if you've studied and aare comparing 2 novels ie Pride and Prejudice with Emma, North and South with Hard Times etc you have to do unseen poetry question in Section A. So I'm guessing you must've done a poetry question in Section B. Does that not mean you've studied a hell of a lot of poetry and drama this year because thats what Unit 5 is as well?!
pandora7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^ oh really? i didn't know that :p:
for A2, i did 3 dramas and one poetry :eek: yeah that is alot come to think of it! one of my english teacher is also a drama teacher, that's probably why.
vixky!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sianeh)
Well you don't have a choice, if you've studied and aare comparing 2 novels ie Pride and Prejudice with Emma, North and South with Hard Times etc you have to do unseen poetry question in Section A. So I'm guessing you must've done a poetry question in Section B. Does that not mean you've studied a hell of a lot of poetry and drama this year because thats what Unit 5 is as well?!
I'm confused.

If you do prose for the comparative unit, you can only do the poem for the unseen part?!

Ahhh. I did The Tempest & Who's Afraid of Virginia Wool and the unseen poem. Is tht okay?
Melly West
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I didn't have a choice either, had to do the poetry.

Vixky what did your teachers prepare you for?
Sianeh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It says on the front of the exam paper that if you compare two prose you have to do the unseen poetry, and if you do the unseen prose you have to compare drama/poetry. So by doing the Tempest and Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf you should have done unseen prose. I really would've thought your teacher would've made that clear to you?!

I'll post a link for the cover of a past paper...http://eiewebvip.edexcel.org.uk/Repo...e_20070619.pdf

Edit: Actually because both your texts were drama its fine that you did the unseen poetry! Sorry to have panicked you, but you couldn't have done unseen poetry with a poetry question in Section 2.
vixky!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh my lord, I nearly cried then!!! lol

I missed a lot of lessons so hardly had any mention of the unseen section. I just assumed you could do either. Thank God for that!
Melly West
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by vixky!)
Oh my lord, I nearly cried then!!! lol

I missed a lot of lessons so hardly had any mention of the unseen section. I just assumed you could do either. Thank God for that!
:eek: I was scared for you haha, glad it turned out ok!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
13.33%
They might tell the bully (2)
13.33%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
20%
It might lead to more bullying (4)
26.67%
There's nothing they could do (4)
26.67%

Watched Threads