I want to learn French, Can someone be my study buddy? Watch

TheAlphaParticle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Bonjour a tous (I know the 'a' has an accent but I don't know how to type that)
I'm a 3rd-year Uni student doing Optometry. It has been almost 5 years since I did French GCSE and I absolutely hated french at school and didn't do very well, got a C. Well 5 years on... and I want to learn French properly to a fluent standard now. One of the main reasons I want to improve my French is because I am actually a French Citizen however I have never been to france nor ever lived in a french environment.
So... I will cut the excess details and get to it, I recently took up self study french and have been learning it via youtube etc for like 2 months now. I can read casual written french to quite an extent now. Speaking it isn't too bad either. Listening is terrible I understand like 20% of what they are saying. Recently I have been really busy because of work and haven't been able to practice and learn french anymore, so if anyone else is learning french as well and would like some motivation and give me some motivation as well, then we could be Study Buddies. Age doesn't matter I just want to practice my french with you and learn more. Merci beaucoup pour écoute.
susanthelion
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
OH MON DIEU!

Are you a gift sent from god 0-0??? Long story short, i am pretty much in the exact same position as you. Listening with french is tough but i am so down to have a study that can hold me accountable as i do for them!

Do you have any other means of communication? Email, instagram, facebook or anything? we could maybe writeletters in french only, or email since we still strangers and it would maybe be weird without building trust first lol. share music, because not gonna lie my french playlist is FIREEE!!XD ir in brieff just share! so are you down?
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I’d recommend looking at « French With Alexa » or « French Pod 101 » on you tube. They have some great videos for vocab and especially for listening, beginner, intermediate and advanced role play scenarios that you can listen to with or without subtitles as well. Otherwise I’d recommend maybe trying Facebook or something to try and have a general conversation with a french person? Feel free to DM me if you want a basic chat or something haha.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
« Merci beaucoup pour avoir écouté / lit » = thank you for having listened / read
pipthesqueak
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
ahh i would love to join too!!!
EstelOfTheEyrie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I have been interested in improving my French for a long time! I'd love to be a study buddy if you'll take my offer

(For context: 2014 GCSE French grade B, casual on-again off-again study using Duolingo since July 2018)
TheAlphaParticle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by susanthelion)
OH MON DIEU!

Are you a gift sent from god 0-0??? Long story short, i am pretty much in the exact same position as you. Listening with french is tough but i am so down to have a study that can hold me accountable as i do for them!

Do you have any other means of communication? Email, instagram, facebook or anything? we could maybe writeletters in french only, or email since we still strangers and it would maybe be weird without building trust first lol. share music, because not gonna lie my french playlist is FIREEE!!XD ir in brieff just share! so are you down?
(Original post by Deggs_14)
Ah, ça me rend heureux de trouver quelqu’un qui a envie d’apprendre le français aussi! J’étudie le français pour « A level », envoyez-moi des questions si vous en avez! Bonne Chance!
(Original post by pipthesqueak)
ahh i would love to join too!!!
(Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie)
I have been interested in improving my French for a long time! I'd love to be a study buddy if you'll take my offer

(For context: 2014 GCSE French grade B, casual on-again off-again study using Duolingo since July 2018)
Hey everyone, I wasn't expecting to get many replies... So how does a whatsapp groupchat sound?? I'll private DM you all for numbers if you are up for that
username4745258
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Ummm hello,
Sorry this is a bit late, I am a year 9 GCSE French student. I know that you have loads of study budies now so even though I would like to join, I won't ask.

I just want to say that French is one of the most beautiful languages to study. It is a little difficult, yes, but with hard-work and dedication it can become one of those languages that mean the world to you. I have loved studying French and I would like to pursue a future in it after GCSEs. Please, please, please never give up if anything goes wrong or you don't understand just ask questions or read up. As time goes on, it will get harder but it will also become more precious, more joyful.

Websites to study French with vary from Memrise (my personal favourite), Quizlet, Duolingo, Conjuegemos (verbs mainly) and many many more.

Practise and everything will click. Finally, enjoy learning French and bonne chance pour le futur. 😄
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?