Hair dye on skin. Watch

mildredo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I've just dyed my hair purple & I'm waiting until I can wash it out, but I have a question. I've got really long hair, so when I dye it it gets all over me. But usually it comes off my skin quite easily. However, I'm using a new dye & the gloves that came with it were rubbish, so I got dye on my hands. I've washed them & it won't come off, but it's all over my face, arms & chest as well.

So, any tips on getting hair dye off my skin so I don't look like a blackcurrant? It's semi-permanent so I guess it'll come off eventually if I keep washing it, but I'd quite like it to go quickly.
friendsfanatic88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
makeup wipes work for me =]
Hygeia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i've heard that lemon juice works (never tried it myself though)
Kätzchen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Any of these will work:

Rubbing alcohol, skin cleansers [usually work best for me], lemon juice and milk on cotton pads.

I've not tried these but many people have told me they work:

Nail polish remover [may irritate your skin greatly though], bicarbonate of soda, toothpaste and shaving foam.
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My hairdye box says to use a bit of shampoo and some warm water (i assume on cotton pads or something) and it does work. Got loads of dark brown dye off of my shoulders yesterday with it. ...and the sink. :p:
x Kelly x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
use some cleaning wipes and scrub lol, or nail varnish remover, but like someone has already said that might irritate your skin. When you dye your hair next put a thickish layer of vaselene(sp) round your face, neck and anywhere else you think your gonna get it, you only need it like just below your hairline. This prevents the dye settling on your skin. works wonders for me
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
lemon juice works, used it a few times. washing up liquid does the job as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads