not to sure were this should be posted .. ?! pregnant and supposed to be going to uni Watch

SolInvictus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My mother managed to do an MBA with me as wee toddler. I was the kid from hell..... hyper, hyper, hyper, hyper, never ate, hyper, never slept, hyper...... Don't let the idea of having a kid put you off from uni.

While deferring may be a good idea, lots of unis have help for mothers, including creches etc. Talk to your universities support services department about the feasibility of you entering this September. Who knows, you might find out there are other women in the same situation.
Jordan1990
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by pinktrantulas__x)
i've just found out that i'm pregnant .. its come as a bit of a shock!!!
(would hopefully like to keep the baby)
but i'm supposed to going LJM in september ..
I've already sorted out my accomodation and application .. LJM is my firm choice ..
They've just sent me an enrolment form today.

Although I won't actually be able to go to uni in September .. I still hopefully want to go ..
but i'm a bit confused .. how do i go about deferring my application if i've already applied to offers ?!
If it helps I have a friend who had her baby a week ago and she would have been due to go to university in September. She's deferred her place for a year and still has the full intention of going to uni in a years time. I hope this helps a bit.
little_green
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I discovered I was pregnant as I'd applied to go to uni. I hadn't yet had any offers so I declined the interviews I'd been invited too and have decided to reapply for 2009 when my daughter will be 2. I will be commuting in to uni and my mum will look after my daughter when I have lectures, etc.
I would try and defer for a year if possible. If not, then perhaps reapply to a nearer uni next year so you can have family support if they are willing. You may be entitled to financial support if you are a student with a dependent, I'm not sure on this though.
Congrats on the pregnancy!
pinktrantulas__x
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
i won't be able to go to uni .. especially since its due about january .. so could be seen as being pointless.

and if i do end up moving to liverpool with a newborn .. it might be scary with not having my boyfriend and family's support .. so i doubt i'm actually gonna end up going john moores at all now.my best bet would be probably going to UCLAN (which is in preston where i live) when i'm ready to go back into education.

so i guess i'll just have to ring john moores and lennon studios and tell them that i won't actually be coming in september .. and hopefully get my deposit back =]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads