francescarella
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ende)
i think the 14th is the actual date the results are comming out, but some colleges are delaying giving them out, so they can add them all up, and take note of the grades etc, then give them out the following week probably
what?! that would totally mess up clearing for them! they cant do that- people need to ring unis as soon as they get their results so they can beg for places lol. thats horrible. right, i'm definitely checkin on ucas the night before, just in case they decide to keep my results that little bit longer! haha.
Katiee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
gcses arent the 16th

the 16th is a saturday

isnt it?
ende
Report 11 years ago
u have weeks and weeks to go through clearing, im not totally sure about the whole waiting to give out results thing tho, its just what ive heard down the grape vine from previous years lol
GoSco
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I really want to know my results! I think I have done well but I'm worried I havent. I'm a bit 50/50
AdvancedWave
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It shouldn't take more than a day to sort results (in theory). The schools get them electronically don't they?
Lulu*et*Moi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
*Scrolls down quickly, shuts eyes* I personally don't want to know :p: Have fun, enjoy yourself...before then of course. Only kidding :p:
nelz26
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kingofgods)
GCSE are 16th
GCSE results are always exactly a week after A levels. Trust me it's defo the 14th for A levels (the date is etched in my brain!) and 21st for GCSE.

OMG OMG I didn't think about it being exactly 2 months from now :confused: I'm scared. I've had a few results day nightmares! Seeing Cs on my results slips. The prospect of opening up my envelope makes me feel physically sick. I want to get into my uni!!!!!
nelz26
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ende)
i think the 14th is the actual date the results are comming out, but some colleges are delaying giving them out, so they can add them all up, and take note of the grades etc, then give them out the following week probably
No schools and colleges will probs get the on the 7th, as will your universities as they know our results before we do. They get electronic results on the 7th then the paper copies come through for us to open on the 14th.

You can also check on the morning of the 14th on your UCAS if you got into your firm if you just can't wait to open up your envelopes!!!!! EEEKSSS :eek:
xinolisss
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Doesn't UCAS get it somewhat earlier than when we do?
Or doesn't the school receive the results by EDI a day earlier or so?
mssn1991
Report 11 years ago
http://www.edexcel-international.org...2008_final.pdf

(page no.2 ... Look under the section : KEY DATES

Results are uploaded for the colleges one or two days before the actual results date.
flourescent_monkey
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm terrified!! Trying to keep myself busy for the next few months. Luckily i go back to school monday to start yr13 stuff so that should keep me occupied. Good luck to those who still have exams.
nevermindaboutme
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
UCAS get our results 5 day before us by the way.

You can check if you're in/out or uni

xx
Nonloso
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was told that some of the results are coming out earlier than the 14th, not sure which ones though. But surely they should all come out on the same day, at least they normally do :confused:
kingofgods
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by What's My Name?)
I was told that some of the results are coming out earlier than the 14th, not sure which ones though. But surely they should all come out on the same day, at least they normally do :confused:

That cant be true...can it? Whats your source?
Nonloso
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kingofgods)
That cant be true...can it? Whats your source?
I'm doing my exams with a tutor company, As and A2 and when I asked if they were coming out on the 14th they said that some were coming out before, and to be available at the end of the telephone..
Mathematician!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by nelz26)
GCSE results are always exactly a week after A levels. Trust me it's defo the 14th for A levels (the date is etched in my brain!) and 21st for GCSE.

OMG OMG I didn't think about it being exactly 2 months from now :confused: I'm scared. I've had a few results day nightmares! Seeing Cs on my results slips. The prospect of opening up my envelope makes me feel physically sick. I want to get into my uni!!!!!
Whoa... Calm down! You will be sprouting white hairs when you are 20! (No offence to anyone who may be sensitive to such comments) Just keep calm! You will have done fine...
kingofgods
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Does anybody else know of this? Which results come out earlier? Maybe i should start a new thread..
pitchy08
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
DOOMSDAY = 14th August 2008
ChrisTheRockGod
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's going to be an agonizing wait.
Brompton Cocktail
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's the same every year... the 2nd Thursday of August is A2/AS results, 3rd Thursday of August is GCSE.

The end.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise