Skill for DofE

Watch
CharlieC4234
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am 14 and going into year 10. I signed up for the Duke of edinburgh and I've sorted out like volunteering and physical skills but I dont have any clue what to do for a regular skill. I just have a problem that I cant afford to join any clubs and do do any skills at the moment. I also wouldnt have anyone to assess me which is a bit of an issue. I dont really do a whole lot that isnt sport but as you cant do two sport skills I'm really struggling to think of what to do where I would be able to have someone who can like oversee it or something. Doesnt anyone have any suggestions??
Year12student:)
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In our school lots of people did photography and I’m pretty sure the art teachers assessed them. I think they were given a theme every week and they took photos of like nature depending on the theme. At the end they presented their photos on a PowerPoint to show they completed it. Have you looked at the list of skill options on the dofe website? I’m going into year 11 and doing my actual expedition in September and I did dog handling and training. I would recommend going through the list and crossing off all the ones you definitely don’t want to do then have a look at the leftover ones. If theirs anything you could do for example one of my friends did sewing and contacted some local companies and they were all happy for her to learn with them! Good luck finding something and let me know if you need any help with anything
Year12student:)
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.dofe.org/wp-content/uplo...s_-_skills.pdf

Hopefully this helps
CharlieC4234
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you for the reply. Also sorry for the late reply to this👌.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (81)
14.21%
I'm not sure (26)
4.56%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (181)
31.75%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.11%
I'm not a current university student (270)
47.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise