The Student Room Group

Public bullying due to my appearance

So today on the train I was in a very contemplative mood right, you could say I was in a delta brain state or whatever, it was late and I was tired. And I was literally looking at this mans ankle, and I could tell he could feel it (I think) and he started to swear at me with his fingers. And he’s got a friend on the seats in front of me (I was opposite/behind) and I had my legs on the seat a little but idk she looked back at me as well. And I just feel like....was he swearing at me or his friend? I just have to address this I’m sorry. Because I feel really insecure about how I look. Last time I walked past a bunch of Chavs and one called me a tramp. I was walking to town when someone asked “is it a boy or a girl?"

But yeah I feel something by these things im very insecure and just getting it out there makes me feel good because I honestly don’t know what to do in the moment like what do I say? I’m a female btw and I’m not amazingly pretty at times, when I have no make up and living at home. Whenever I look nice my mum would always make comments or stare at me and I can’t handle it like my parents never just simply let me look after myself and that’s affected me in my adult life. Thanks.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Paisley99
So today on the train I was in a very contemplative mood right, you could say I was in a delta brain state or whatever, it was late and I was tired. And I was literally looking at this mans ankle, and I could tell he could feel it (I think) and he started to swear at me with his fingers. And he’s got a friend on the seats in front of me (I was opposite/behind) and I had my legs on the seat a little but idk she looked back at me as well. And I just feel like....was he swearing at me or his friend? I just have to address this I’m sorry. Because I feel really insecure about how I look. Last time I walked past a bunch of Chavs and one called me a tramp. Also while I was in Bradford, yes I’m Gna say the city, I was walking to town when someone asked “is it a boy or a girl? 😂😂😂😂

But yeah I feel something by these things im very insecure and just getting it out there makes me feel good because I honestly don’t know what to do in the moment like what do I say? I’m a 20 year old female btw and I’m not amazingly pretty at times, when I have no make up and living at home. Whenever I look nice my mum would always make comments or stare at me and I can’t handle it like my parents never just simply let me look after myself and that’s affected me in my adult life. Thanks.

The whole zone out scenario is quite normal as I've been a victim of it also, so don't deep it. Moving on to your insecurities; so some people pointed out you look trampy and your appearance raises questions about your gender as well.

I'm taking a guess you got small tits and quite probably no ass (reason for gender mockery), you likely also have long unkempt hair (reason for tramp commentary).

So for starters we could aim to fix that, for example in terms of your hair; you should grow it out long (like mid back level) and condition it and brush it often daily. Style it every few days e.g. Straight, Bun, Platts etc. etc. Use fruity or flowery body wash to increase the feminine aura and also make sure to look after your skin (daily, using body cream and lotions) and nails (fortnightly, keep them trimmed and short or you can plaster some nail varnish on).

To increase you tit size it'll mainly require getting fat first then burning the gained fat off from other parts of your body (tedious? yes. part of the process? yes.), if you get worried about your size then just think your thicc. After you're fat, to increase your ass size it requires increases the muscle mass in the gluteus maximus (so squats and glute exercises galore) - you'll need to hit the gym tri-weekly at the very least with hardcore sessions, get a trainer to help you out.

If there's anything else I can add then it would be the clothes and shoes; the nicer, cleaner and more mature looking your clothes - the better you'll look. Keep it simple but fashionable, no need to splash on designer brands go for budget options if they look nice.

I'd also like to add a good night's sleep of atleast 8 hours as well as some afternoon naps will keep your face looking perfect. Next you control you intake, decrease the junk food & carbohydrates and instead increase the vegetables (greens are power, I drink a concoction of medicinal herbs daily to stay at the top of my game) and the protein. So make sure to rest often and eat healthy & balanced.
Reply 2
sometimes... I don't have the motivation. That day, I was living in my house alone in a city that makes me feel a bit sick.

I have frizzy short hair its horrendous I want extensions and I only have one boob so boobs are really really tricky. Im a 34b. by only one, I mean for some reason my right never grows/grew. Don't ask I don't know. It is how it is.

But the rest thank you so much. I just have to say again I feel so ashamed of myself and like such a outcast that most of the time I don't feel like im worth working on
I don’t consider questioning over my sex to be a bad thing but if you were being called a tramp by a bunch of chavs of all people I wouldn’t worry as long as you’re happy as how you are. People making comments like this are usually sad and insecure
The first bit seems like paranoia. I have social anxiety and experience that a lot.
Why would someone swear or bully you for staring his ankle? Even if it happened and he swore, don’t get offended. It’s 2k19, people talk to themselves out of nowhere.

To stop worrying much, put on your earset and enjoy your day from now on.
I can appreciate how you felt in the moment that happened. It may seem trivial to some, but from the sense I get from your post, you’re lacking confidence and self esteem which makes this event quite big and also it enforces those insecurities.

If you want to wear make up, or wear different clothes or do your hair then you do it! People may comment, purely because it’s not something they’re used to, they’ll soon stop commenting after a while. But don’t feel like you have to do/wear or be anything you don’t want to be.

I would try and work on your confidence, because you’ve done nothing wrong and it shouldn’t be affecting you as much as it has (I mean that in a nice way, I just don’t know how else to word it).
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Paypurr
I can appreciate how you felt in the moment that happened. It may seem trivial to some, but from the sense I get from your post, you’re lacking confidence and self esteem which makes this event quite big and also it enforces those insecurities.

If you want to wear make up, or wear different clothes or do your hair then you do it! People may comment, purely because it’s not something they’re used to, they’ll soon stop commenting after a while. But don’t feel like you have to do/wear or be anything you don’t want to be.

I would try and work on your confidence, because you’ve done nothing wrong and it shouldn’t be affecting you as much as it has (I mean that in a nice way, I just don’t know how else to word it).

Hey yeah don't worry about how you've worded it. I do have some confidence and esteem issues
(edited 4 years ago)
sometimes... I don't have the motivation. That day, I was living in my house alone in a city that makes me feel a bit sick.

I have frizzy short hair its horrendous I want extensions and I only have one boob so boobs are really really tricky. Im a 34b. by only one, I mean for some reason my right never grows/grew. Don't ask I don't know. It is how it is.

But the rest thank you so much. I just have to say again I feel so ashamed of myself and like such a outcast that most of the time I don't feel like im worth working on

i can't really help with ur boobs but i can with ur hair.

i have 4c afro hair (the worst/ best depending on who u ask) and let me tell you it's a pain. it's a pain until you stop forcing it to do things it can't. idk how often u wash ur hair but i'd recommed keeping in the 3 day to two week gap between washes (depending on how greasy it gets. if u can't go more than two days without washing then thats fine too) and invest in a really good leave-in conditioner (shea moisture, cantu and pantene gold are both shoutouts) .

idk ur race but if it's really unmanageable i'd consider going for a consultation at a black hair salon for extensions and such (white people do appear sometimes when they want their extension installed really well). u may also wanna look into braids. nothing too too crazy or asking for cultural appropriation or whtvr just a couple dutch braids/cornrows with xpressions will probs help keep ur hair out the way for 3 to 6 weeks (make sure to give a quick wash without undoing them at some point to keep it not smelling nasty). find the right person to do it and it wont cost more than £200 (including extentions). last time i got box braids (the all over ones) from someone (other than my mum. shes not the best but free) it was only like £300 and the 3 packs of xpressions we used was only £10 at the local market. for cornrow its much quicker so they'll charge less than for box.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Don't go out in public, you sound weird.

I have some issues but I can tell when someones just a ****
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
Don't go out in public, you sound weird.

funnily enough I have enough self esteem and confidence to know I don't deserve this. You shouldn't be writing messages like that to people. Every person deserves to be accepted, no matter how much they don't fit in. But when a person has put themselves out there for some help and support, that is truly a horrible thing to say. Hope u are proud of yourself.
(edited 4 years ago)
I have some issues but I can tell when someones just a ****

Yes well done gurl!Stand up for yourself because you are worth everything.Responding to your first post I would say you need to work on your self esteem and confidence.People can be really **** sometimes.But do you recognise he started swearing at because you were looking at his ankles instead of just asking you whats wrong.Shows he has insecurities too and that swearing was to make himself feel better and and act of self defense so don't take it to heart.

You can get help from the other posters answers.They are really good and helpful.
Reply 12
Original post by tamil fever
Yes well done gurl!Stand up for yourself because you are worth everything.Responding to your first post I would say you need to work on your self esteem and confidence.People can be really **** sometimes.But do you recognise he started swearing at because you were looking at his ankles instead of just asking you whats wrong.Shows he has insecurities too and that swearing was to make himself feel better and and act of self defense so don't take it to heart.

You can get help from the other posters answers.They are really good and helpful.

Hey
it’s people like u who make life worth living! Who see u at your worst and still help you and accept you thank you. It’s better that people admit how they feel rather than hide it, so I can actually work on myself. I agree all the answers were amazing. And u made a good point that made a lot of sense! I wish you all the best on your days ahead, thank you. And I will continue to sort myself out xD
Hey
it’s people like u who make life worth living! Who see u at your worst and still help you and accept you thank you. It’s better that people admit how they feel rather than hide it, so I can actually work on myself. I agree all the answers were amazing. And u made a good point that made a lot of sense! I wish you all the best on your days ahead, thank you. And I will continue to sort myself out xD

No problem and thank you!
Remember it's not a bad life but bad days:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending