Back in the dating scene, advice needed Watch

Ryouga
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Ok so im single and have been for a while, started talking to some girls I know and I have a few that seem interested, one seems very interested other seems almost as interested but im not sure if its just as im sweet, other is a girl I like who works in Tesco but always says hi to me and gets me to talk to her even if my shopping it on a different belt and always smiles at me, shes very pretty and sweet.

The first girl is 30 years old and wanting to settle down, she was with a guy for 4 years who became abusive towards the end or went drinking every night and never contacted her.

Second is 21 and very sweet and giggly, we spend 4 hours on MSN(before I went to bed as I had toothache) she told me about her ex how she was with him 3 years and lived and had a mortgage with him, how her dad left her mum after she had 2 miscarriages, then a baby with cerebral palsy then got post natal depression and tried to take the kids away from her mum. How she was bullied at school for being overweight(prob why shes very slim and pretty now)

Third girl I like and id say is the more traditional good looking of the most, is very girly and giggly and has an Irish accent, we also have very similar interests like she is doing the degree im thinking of changing to.

So its go for the 30 year old and have a fast relationship with settling down quick and a traditional relationship

Go for the 21 year old(the second one) who like most her age likes some nights out and spending time with friends.

Or try some more with the 19 year old who I know little about but "click"

Also im out of practise with relationships, most of mine are just more female friends i.e we go up town to shops then come back and watch a dvd, or go clubbing never had a "date" as such. But the first one in particular has invited me out for a coffee at a local cafe sometime which I have never done.

So I dont know to be a total gentleman and hold her chair and help her to sit down and buy a present(shes curvy so not sure if choccys are good) or to try it with the 2nd or 3rd girl as I like all 3 in different ways.
Cupid Stunt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
lol @ 30 year old girl.

Is this a joke or not? it's ridiculous...
Ryouga
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cupid Stunt)
lol @ 30 year old girl.

Is this a joke or not? it's ridiculous...
Um why women like being called girl at all ages, the term girl and woman is used in different situations.

Just because someone isnt as overconfident as yourself doesnt mean someone cant be shy.
cutandpasteandtwisty
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
30 is a bit past it. Go for the young one.
Cj-Tj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ryouga)

So I dont know to be a total gentleman and hold her chair and help her to sit down and buy a present(shes curvy so not sure if choccys are good) or to try it with the 2nd or 3rd girl as I like all 3 in different ways.
Dont buy her a present, or hold her chair etc etc. Its just a drink/coffee at the end of the day!!
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't understand your predicament? Why do you NEED to be with one of these girls? Why not wait for the perfect one...
Keoje
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
None of them.
Ryouga
Rep:
?
(Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)
I don't understand your predicament? Why do you NEED to be with one of these girls? Why not wait for the perfect one...
I dont need any but am willing to take a risk as I have been single for 3 years and I like all 3 women and know I cant get everything I want but as I havent had many relationships im not very good at understanding them lol.

As I like each in different ways but cant tell which one I like most till I date them
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I dont need any but am willing to take a risk as I have been single for 3 years and I like all 3 women and know I cant get everything I want but as I havent had many relationships im not very good at understanding them lol.

As I like each in different ways but cant tell which one I like most till I date them

Don't date any of them! I've been single for a while! You can't rush into these things! If you're having to think about it you shouldn't be with any of them...
Ryouga
Rep:
?
Well id be happy with any of them just a bit insecure lol im just worried about making the wrong choice and ruining my chances with the others who may of been for me.
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well id be happy with any of them just a bit insecure lol im just worried about making the wrong choice and ruining my chances with the others who may of been for me.
I don't think you would be happy with any of them, I think you're desperate for companionship because you've not had any for a while.... but.... it's not an excuse to rush into something with someone...
Ryouga
Rep:
?
Oh no not desperate for companionship I really like them all but want to minimise chances of an unsucessful relationship as I have low self esteem and a bit of depression mainly due to being alone so I have met some girls I like

Its more im panicking about the future as girl 1 wants to have a relationship that includes settling down and im not sure if im ready or not(though I think I am)

Girl 2 wants a long term relationship but again im not sure if I want to settle down quick or not and she may take too long!

Im afraid of heartbreak and then taking ages to find someone again more than wanting companionship, im sexually attracted to each and attracted to eachs personalitys(I dont just go on looks)
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you're afraid of heartbreak why risk it with people you're unsure about?? Is waiting really that much of a bad idea?!
Ryouga
Rep:
?
Id be unsure of any relationship even with my ex I wasnt sure, I mean who is, id rather go in unsure but hopeful then happy then get hurt!.

As I see it the 30 year old is the "sensible" and easy one whereas the 21 year old is riskier but sounds more fun.
Keoje
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think you've misunderstood the meaning of a relationship , a real one, after reading
I really like them all but want to minimise chances of an unsucessful relationship as I have low self esteem and a bit of depression mainly due to being alone so I have met some girls I like
If your afraid of being heart broken then why exactly are you looking to date someone? Sex? Just stop whilst your ahead.
Ryouga
Rep:
?
(Original post by Keoje)
I think you've misunderstood the meaning of a relationship , a real one, after reading your last reply, first sentence.

If your afraid of being heart broken then why exactly are you looking to date someone? Sex? Just stop whilst your ahead.
Nope I dont want sex at all, im not that fond of sex, I want to be with someone, kiss them cuddle them, be there for them(and them me)

Id rather have sex one a week or less which is enjoyable then daily and not.

Dont read into what I say in that way as you are seeing whats not there.
steelmole
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)
Perfect? *sigh* How fruitless. You should just take what you're given sometimes. Personally I would probably avoid the 30 year old and consider the younger 2. Make sure you keep your options open though, makes you seem more in need.

Then again if you want a relationship go for the older woman. I wouldn't worry about not being up to dating, she's probably feeling a bit like a christmas cake anyway.
Keoje
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Id be unsure of any relationship even with my ex I wasnt sure, I mean who is, id rather go in unsure but hopeful then happy then get hurt!.

As I see it the 30 year old is the "sensible" and easy one whereas the 21 year old is riskier but sounds more fun.
/sigh
Ryouga
Rep:
?
(Original post by Keoje)
/sigh
Back at 'cha

Im talking worse case scenario and its assumed thats how I am, the way I think in private and what I do in public are totally different.
qgujxj39
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
we spend 4 hours on MSN
Why has this become the modus operandi for everyone's flirting nowadays?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.32%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.13%
Not great so far... (256)
35.8%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.74%

Watched Threads