Why can't I get a tampon in? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So I'm only 14 but I wanted to k ow if anyone else struggled/struggles with this. I can't seem to put anything in my vagina and there seems to be some resistance when I do. I can't be the only one who finds its awkward talking about this or making a doctor's appoingment. I'm new on here so I wanted to ask. If anyone has any advice on this then that would be great.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I'm only 14 but I wanted to k ow if anyone else struggled/struggles with this. I can't seem to put anything in my vagina and there seems to be some resistance when I do. I can't be the only one who finds its awkward talking about this or making a doctor's appoingment. I'm new on here so I wanted to ask. If anyone has any advice on this then that would be great.
it's normal, and just comes eventually with relaxing. you are likely tensing up too much
Scotney
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
it's normal, and just comes eventually with relaxing. you are likely tensing up too much
This is pretty standard and it can be difficult to start with.Try mid cycle when you are producing a lot of discharge as that will help and try putting one leg up on bath or bed.Make sure you are using smallest tampon possible obviously.
Angel499
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey,
Have you tried looking at the brand your using? You might find plastic applicator tampons easier. Additionally, some brands are aimed at teens and produce smaller tampons that are easier to insert (with a plastic applicator). If your from the UK, Always Compak/Pearl Compak are meant to be easy to insert, and lilets (i think?) is aimed at teenagers. Kotex (which I think is a US brand?) is a popular choice as well.
You may also need to change the position in which your inserting it incase its making you tense/ making it difficult for you to insert it.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
OMG when I first started I was the same. Dnt worry. Just takes a bit of practice. Dnt tense up, make sure your muscles are relaxed. Trying breathing in and out for couple of times. When u re putting in the tampon, you need to angle it towards your back.
Karisa96
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi I hope I've chosen the right thread.
All my period life to date I've worn pads.
However the time has come now to couple wearing a tampon with pads.
Today is my first day of trying to wear a tampon, and I am having problems with inserting it.
Is there a posistion/ posture that makes insertion easier? Your advice and help would be most welcome.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (188)
19.07%
Labour (423)
42.9%
Liberal Democrats (191)
19.37%
Green Party (53)
5.38%
Brexit Party (26)
2.64%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.41%
SNP (12)
1.22%
Plaid Cymru (10)
1.01%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.2%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (2)