If im going to be doing American SATS do I have to still do my a levels ?

Watch
Ibrahim.D
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If im going to be doing American SATS do I have to still do my Alevels ?
Student user
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ibrahim.D)
If im going to be doing American SATS do I have to still do my Alevels ?
Yeah I'm pretty sure you do because A levels aren't the equivalent of sats. A levels are the equivalent to a GPA score.
Ibrahim.D
Rep:
But isn’t the GPA the grade point average I swear it ain’t an exam
Geodesic
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
But isn’t the GPA the grade point average I swear it ain’t an exam
Yes you're right, GPA means grade point average. It's the grade point average of your tests/exams in high school, and if you're not in an American high school or take AP tests, then your GPA would come from your A-levels (and they might look at your GCSEs too).

SAT is a standardized test, separate from your A-levels and your GPA. If you plan on applying to US universities, you would both need your GPA (A-levels and GCSEs) and SAT/ACT score, (maybe SAT Subject tests too, depending on the university and your preferred major).
Ibrahim.D
Rep:
What’s the equivalent to gcse in America
Ibrahim.D
Rep:
Also I don’t want to study the English education system by doing gcse and a levels

I wanna do it the American path way and I wondering how I would do that
Ibrahim.D
Rep:
So for me to basically not make gcse count and not even applicable
Would I have to sit SATs exams in 2 subjects and do AP tests
Geodesic
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
So for me to basically not make gcse count and not even applicable
Would I have to sit SATs exams in 2 subjects and do AP tests
Right... Well that would depend on your situation. Are you studying in the UK or are you an international student and which year are you in at the moment? Why do you not want to do GCSEs and A-levels?

You could potentially take International AP exams or do IB, but you would have to do some research into that and make a decision. But if you are a student in the UK system then I'd highly recommend that you follow the general route and do your GCSE and A-levels, otherwise I think you'd be making it more complicated for yourself for no reason. SAT subject test are not the same as your GPA, if I remember correctly, so you'd still have to present test scores from high school.
Ibrahim.D
Rep:
Ok but what’s the a level equivalent in USA
And the gcse equivalents in the USA
Rachaek.Samurai
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Ok but what’s the a level equivalent in USA
And the gcse equivalents in the USA
There is no public examination equivalent to gcses in the USA
Ibrahim.D
Rep:
If I do my APS and MY SATs the American education system way will not have to do my GCSEs or show my gcse to American uni when I apply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (64)
12.31%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.73%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (135)
25.96%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.27%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (251)
48.27%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.46%

Watched Threads