thanks..
I am merely suprised.
Madness
Howells
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just don't go. A lot of my friends go out on the weekends but I stay in/go out with family, or just go to the cinema/out for food with someone else. I don't feel excluded for not doing stuff with them - if they make you feel like that then find better friends :p:
Find something else to do with these friends when they're not clubbing, presuming that they're not out every night.
When I went to Ibiza last year, I experience a similar situation with my friends ie them asking if I was enjoying myself ot them telling me to smile and stuff, but I just ignored them and looked grumpy all night
Cattleman
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm also not a fan of clubbing.

I'll go occasionally to be sociable.. but I don't enjoy it that much.. And why spend so much on a night out.. what a waste of my hard earned money.

And besides.. the only reason most blokes will go to clubs is to get messy and pull..
masterofdalliance
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by BeesKnees)
I enjoy clubbing. Don't even mind a good boogie when i'm completely sober but i have friends who dont drink and dont like clubbing or some who just prefer pubs and i'm happy to do other things with them, like cinema, going out for meals, gigs, skiing... whatever. You'll find all sorts you can do at uni!

Zactly...some people just love the club atmosphere, I personally live for the hot rooms, the loud music and the ridiculously filthy dancing, but others enjoy something else entirely...personal preferences will always differ. Have you ever just told you friends you don't want to go?
blondyx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by masterofdalliance)

Zactly...some people just love the club atmosphere, I personally live for the hot rooms, the loud music and the ridiculously filthy dancing, but others enjoy something else entirely...personal preferences will always differ. Have you ever just told you friends you don't want to go?

Yeah and they just encourage me til i say yes usually.. or say 'oh we wil go to a different club then' or tell me not to be boring
ChrisTheRockGod
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kimoso)
Wow, I never realised there existed people who didn't enjoy clubbing
Well that's a bit narrow minded..
masterofdalliance
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by blondyx)
Yeah and they just encourage me til i say yes usually.. or say 'oh we wil go to a different club then' or tell me not to be boring
Tell them all to suck their mums, if you don't want to go then don't. You should never be forced into social situations, cause you'll never enjoy them.
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sugar_and_spice)
I doubt people will think you are boring--and if they are really good friends they won't care
Maybe just go out for a few drinks at the start of the evening so you still see everyone?

I'd much rather spend my time playing scrable with a cup of tea
and if anyone thinks thats boring, well they obviously haven't played scrabble with me
Strip scrabble, now there's a scary though.
Pigeon Explosion
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by blondyx)
Your friends don't sound very nice
Howells
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sugar_and_spice)
I'd much rather spend my time playing scrable with a cup of tea
and if anyone thinks thats boring, well they obviously haven't played scrabble with me
Ditto! I bloody love a good cup of tea and some Scrabble - I challenge you to a game :p:
Skipper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Get very drunk before going otherwise it will inevitably be crap.

When dancing remember that there will ALWAYS be someone who looks more of a **** than you. Probably.
masterofdalliance
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Skipper)
Get very drunk before going otherwise it will inevitably be crap.

When dancing remember that there will ALWAYS be someone who looks more of a **** than you. Probably.
Nah, my view of dancing is if you think you look like an idiot, then you look like an idiot. If you think you look like the greatest person on the floor, then you look like an idiot. If you know you look like an idiot, but you honestly don't care, because you're enjoying the hell out of yourself, then theres nothing wrong.

That being said, if you can't follow the beat, then get off the floor. Seriously, theres no excuse for an absolute lack of rhythm.
rastaman25
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Never been and I doubt I'll ever want to - I hate dancing! Also not so fond of overly loud music!
sugar_and_spice
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Howells)
Ditto! I bloody love a good cup of tea and some Scrabble - I challenge you to a game :p:
yes! sounds good!
whoever gets the most rude words on the board wins?
sugar_and_spice
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by DoMakeSayThink)
Strip scrabble, now there's a scary though.
:hubba:
My Scrabble experience now seems somewhat limited...
Electric_Dreams
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't really like it that much either, because I prefer socializing and being able to chat and have a laugh with people, hence I prefer bars. Plus I'm not that keen on dancing. ;sandhu;
hec
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
nah u r not alone
lovers in japan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm exactly the same, I always feel really uncomfortable and self-conscious
tropical-twist3
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i actually enjoy clubbing because its good for being both socialable and anti-social,if you want to go have a laugh with you mates then you can go clubbing together but if youre not in the mood to be sociable and you feel you need a break, but then you've said to your mates you'd go out with them..then clubbing is good because you can have a few drinks to relax and loosen up and then then just go to the dancefloor, drink a little more so you feel no shame, close your eyes, feel the music pumping through your body, dance and just completely let go....
though it only really works if you like the music thats on.
SamF 1990
Report 11 years ago
Hate it... Spending a fortune to go to a big room with ****e music surrounded by strangers... why not just buy a crate and stay in with mates ? Gigs are the closest I'll get to enjoying a night out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (119)
64.67%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
21.2%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
14.13%

Watched Threads