The Student Room Group

Ex

I broke up with my ex about 2 months ago it was completely mutual and it was due to factors beyond our reach we were moving to opposite ends of the world. Anyway we ended on good terms and have maintained contact. Recently he has been messaging me a lot, about this life sharing what he’s been to up and asking for life advice about his career that he’s leaving. He told me i was the first person he told as it’s big news and wants to wait before telling others. What does this mean, that he wants to keep me in his life ?. I just assumed he didn’t care about me after break as he owes me nothing anymore even though I still miss him deeply. Is this normal. I know your meant to cut each other off and do no contact but it seems silly when we have no hard feelings towards each other
Reply 1
I’d say since because you were with him it means he trusts you and probably wants to keep you as a good close friend. Since the breakup was mutual he ofc still likes you for you so that trust and closeness is still there hence you being the first person he’s told :smile:

Quick Reply