Brapper
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
I thought this exam was better than the first one. However i revised so much but practically anything i revised didn't come up! I forgot to revise business plans and suprise suprise it had to come up! I just wrote basic shizzleee for that q lol!
Other than that it was okayy i think. Penetration pricing was when they start off with low price and then increase it right?
For the sources of finance i put mortgage and bank loan and then i put bank loan was the best but people are saying they are both the same thing :|
Oopss..
What about the las two 12 mark questions..?
You know where it said what would competitors do to have an impact on tall trees?... i mentioned about the price, product, place and promotion But apparently we were only suppose to do one :| ?? I also did advertise on t.v?
And for the 600 unemployed people i couldnt think of a 2nd reason hw it would harm tall trees??
I jst put they would all want a job in tall trees and it would be a hassle for Peter as he only needs 9 workers. And i put because they are unemployed it would be a loss of customers for peter as they would not have any income to spend in his Tall trees thing
Hopeee i did well?..

Ooops sorry i write tooo muchh after examsss ???? :L
ezia
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I found it quite hard
I didn't have time to do one of the 12 mark questions.
I wasn't prepared at all, I didn't apply knowledge much, merely expanded on basic responses.
I think I might have done well on the penetration pricing question but that's about it. I'm dreading results day.
Poshtotty
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Brapper)
I thought this exam was better than the first one. However i revised so much but practically anything i revised didn't come up! I forgot to revise business plans and suprise suprise it had to come up! I just wrote basic shizzleee for that q lol!
Other than that it was okayy i think. Penetration pricing was when they start off with low price and then increase it right?
For the sources of finance i put mortgage and bank loan and then i put bank loan was the best but people are saying they are both the same thing :|
Oopss..
What about the las two 12 mark questions..?
You know where it said what would competitors do to have an impact on tall trees?... i mentioned about the price, product, place and promotion But apparently we were only suppose to do one :| ?? I also did advertise on t.v?
And for the 600 unemployed people i couldnt think of a 2nd reason hw it would harm tall trees??
I jst put they would all want a job in tall trees and it would be a hassle for Peter as he only needs 9 workers. And i put because they are unemployed it would be a loss of customers for peter as they would not have any income to spend in his Tall trees thing
Hopeee i did well?..

Yeah you got the penetration pricing right. I got it the wrong way round. Oops.
The question about the impact of the 3 factories closure had me stumped. I could only think of 1 answer.
And the one about the competitors impact got me quite confused. I just wrote about pricing and diversifying products.

There wasn't much for me to revise since we don't actually learn in our lessons. The students are far too disruptive. But it's an easy subject compared to most.
username195819
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Brapper)
Hopeee i did well?..

I can't remember exactly what I put for that question but I mentioned that as 3 factories closed down, the availability of raw materials would fall and that would affect Peter as it would lower the amount of produce he could make in the cafe. Therefore, he could potentially lose customers which would affect the amount of profit he makes, hindering his success.
Poshtotty
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh, and does anyone know the grade boundaries? It's out of 94 marks.
Brapper
Report 11 years ago
he availability of raw materials would fall and that would affect Peter as it would lower the amount of produce he could make in the cafe.
Ohh yeahhh lol! I seriously couldn't think! And thats such an obvious answer lol Oh well it's done noww. I bet every1 culdve dun betta if it weren't in exam conditions or anything..

Nope nobody knows the grade boundaries? You could look up estimates and last years oness?
chernij
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
EDIT: Last year, it was 74/94 marks for A* in this business studies paper.
The grade boundary for Paper 1 was 64/94 for an A*

FOR COURSEWORK OPTION (Higher)

Overall; Raw marks for the exams:

Jun 2007
Higher
Grade Paper 1 Paper 3
A* 64 74
A 58 66
B 52 58
C 47 50
D 41 40

Taken from http://www.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/...OUND-JUN07.PDF
Shask
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by rach.)
I can't remember exactly what I put for that question but I mentioned that as 3 factories closed down, the availability of raw materials would fall and that would affect Peter as it would lower the amount of produce he could make in the cafe. Therefore, he could potentially lose customers which would affect the amount of profit he makes, hindering his success.
Erm, I don't think you'll get any marks for that at all, sorry.

Plus there are a few flaws. Why would a factory provide raw materials? It would provide manufactured goods. The factories could have been for anything, e.g. coal, and nothing to do with what a cafe needs.

It wasn't emphasis on the factory, but the unemployment that 600 less workers in a local area causes. You were definitely supposed to talk about the pros and cons unemployment would have on Tall trees.
username195819
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Shask)
Erm, I don't think you'll get any marks for that at all, sorry.

Plus there are a few flaws. Why would a factory provide raw materials? It would provide manufactured goods. The factories could have been for anything, e.g. coal, and nothing to do with what a cafe needs.

It wasn't emphasis on the factory, but the unemployment that 600 less workers in a local area causes. You were definitely supposed to talk about the pros and cons unemployment would have on Tall trees.
I said that I couldn't remember exactly what I put in my answer. I'm not going to write it out word for word am I? I can't be bothered to defend myself with this, there is no point, the exam is done.
Shask
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by rach.)
I said that I couldn't remember exactly what I put in my answer. I'm not going to write it out word for word am I? I can't be bothered to defend myself with this, there is no point, the exam is done.
It was more directed at Brapper, it wasn't an obvious answer because it was the wrong one
kaderk
Report 11 years ago
For that 600 unemployed i said he could get cheaper labour cause there are unemployeed people - willing to work motivated etc. however they're not trained to work in cafe, takes time to train etc.

also that he will get less customers cos if they are unemplyed they are less likely to spend more e.g. in cafes so he loses potential customer base, not only from the unemployed but their families aswell - nd i gave a few other reasons as to why he should close.
Shask
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kaderk)
For that 600 unemployed i said he could get cheaper labour cause there are unemployeed people - willing to work motivated etc. however they're not trained to work in cafe, takes time to train etc.

also that he will get less customers cos if they are unemplyed they are less likely to spend more e.g. in cafes so he loses potential customer base, not only from the unemployed but their families aswell - nd i gave a few other reasons as to why he should close.
Yep, our reasons were the same ^

a) He loses customers and sales because people have less disposable income

b) He has a wider variety of staff candidates to choose from and staff can be more easily replaced

You sure you put to close? The question was whether he should stick with constructing the cafe
kaderk
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Shask)
Yep, our reasons were the same ^

a) He loses customers and sales because people have less disposable income

b) He has a wider variety of staff candidates to choose from and staff can be more easily replaced

You sure you put to close? The question was whether he should stick with constructing the cafe
well not close cause he hasnt actualy opened yet, but i think i said not to continue with it cause i could think of more negative reasons than positive lol
kaderk
Report 11 years ago
also what did people write for sources of finance? i wrote bank loan (mortgange) and from friends/family
Shask
Report 11 years ago
well not close cause he hasnt actualy opened yet, but i think i said not to continue with it cause i could think of more negative reasons than positive lol
Lol yep we think alike, I said he should abandon it too

also what did people write for sources of finance? i wrote bank loan (mortgange) and from friends/family
Mortgage and retained profit

I said he should use a combination of both
IAreScientist
Report 11 years ago
I said bank loan, or find a partner.

So annoyed that I got the penetration question the wrong way round!
Shask
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by IAreScientist)
So annoyed that I got the penetration question the wrong way round!
Hm ? How did you get it the wrong way around ?
Brapper
Report 11 years ago
It was more directed at Brapper, it wasn't an obvious answer because it was the wrong one
i think that they will gain at least a few marks for that?? How do u no its completely wrong your not exactly the examiner are you???

Oh yeah whats the difference between a bank loan and a mortgage? Or is there no difference I think i did that sources of finance q wrong

Quite a few people got the penetration pricing wrong because they probz thought that it begins with higher prices and slowly reduces but its actually begins with low prices and grandually increases
x69-xjessx-69x
Report 11 years ago
I Got Stuck For Sources Of Fianance As It Was A Long Term Source Of Finance Cos It Was So Much Money So Obviously I Used A Loan But I Didnt Think U Could Use A Mortgage Cos He Was Actually BUILDING The Cafe Or Is A Mortgage On Land?? Anyway I Sed 2 Apply 4 A Grant As He May Be Improving The Area An The Advantages Of This Is That He Wudnt Have 2 Pay It Back But He May Feel Obliged To Take On Workers In That Area And They May Not Be Appropriate For The Job Wa Do U Think??? Also I Dont Think Family And Friends Could Be Used Cos Its Such A Large Amount Of Money And Its Long Term .. I Cud B Wrong Dont know Tho
x69-xjessx-69x
Report 11 years ago
Oh And Also For The Impact I Said About Competition Lowering Prices, Introducing Special Offers, Both Of Which Peter Could Find Difficult To Compete With So May Lose Customers Which Will Make Him Less Successful Bt I Also Said If Peter Is More Successful Another Business May Close Which Means More Customers For Peter And A Larger Market Share So Makes Him More Succesfull Is Da Right?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads