notmebutme
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I'd like to know if it's possible for us to take a transfer from Medicine of Mahsa University in Malaysia to a medicine degree in UK. Masha is partner with ARU only and they have no information about transfers on their website. Is there anyone who has done this before? Has anyone taken a transfer to a non partner university in Medicine?
notmebutme
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by notmebutme)
Hi, I'd like to know if it's possible for us to take a transfer from Medicine of Mahsa University in Malaysia to a medicine degree in UK. Masha is partner with ARU only and they have no information about transfers on their website. Is there anyone who has done this before? Has anyone taken a transfer to a non partner university in Medicine?
They do have a global mobility service http://mobility.mahsa.edu.my/ but I can't understand what they mean.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Medical schools in the UK very rarely accept transfers, and only in cases of exceptional extenuating circumstances if they do. Many medical schools in the UK don't accept applications, for transfer or first year entry, from students who have been enrolled on another medical degree under any circumstances. ecolier might be able to advise further, but generally if you want to study at a medical school in the UK you should apply to a medical school in the UK in the first instance.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
artful_lounger is right. Unless it is clearly written in the brochure that you can, transfers from international schools are impossible.

This is due to incompatibility of the curriculum. You'll have to apply to UK med schools directly. Remember if you left a medical degree, you'll have to declare it during applications.

Just a side note, even transferring from a UK med school to another one, unless it is explicitly stated that it's possible, is usually extremely difficult.
ARUOfficial
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They do have a global mobility service http://mobility.mahsa.edu.my/ but I can't understand what they mean.
Hi notmebutme

At ARU I'm afraid we dont accept transfers from other medical schools.

Many thanks
Emma
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

see more

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (9)
20.93%
I'm not sure (1)
2.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (13)
30.23%
I have already dropped out (2)
4.65%
I'm not a current university student (18)
41.86%

Watched Threads