Poll: To tell or not to tell?
Tell (19)
50%
Don't tell (19)
50%
tgt
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Is it better to tell a girl you want a relationship with her or is it better to just let things flow and see what happens?

I guess the latter may be bad as she dosen't know what's on your mind.
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think it should just come naturally. Girls are better at picking up subtexts than guys, in general, so as long as you're clearly making an effort to see her, spend time with her etc, particularly if it's just the two of you, then I don't think there's any real need to say anything. Well, not until you're entirely comfortable, anyway. There shouldn't really be much need to formally establish a relationship... I guess it depends on he girl, though.
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well if you want a relationship with her I'm guessing you will be acting in a way that suggests that, so she should know already :p:
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It depends how you feel about the person. If you know you feel strongly for them and it's reciprocated there's no harm in letting them know you would like a relationship but at the same time relationships often blossom with time so I would suggest letting the person know how you feel but not rushing into it. If you leap into a relationship before you or she is ready, there's the risk of ruining the foundations and it just not working. I reccommend being honest with yourself and her and see where it takes you. There's no rush and it'll happen if it's meant to be!
Howells
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My girlfriend and I just decided one day at a friend's party. She said something like 'So what are we now, seeing each other or...?' And I pointed out that seeing each other implies that we could see other people which I would not be cool with, so we just sort of agreed that we were together I suppose. I agree that it depends on the girl and situation though.
francescarella
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i think you should just tell her how you feel. and then it can flow on from that. at least you'll know you've done your part now and wont sit around wondering what could have been, if only you'd open your mouth and tell her how you feel. and she'll like the fact that you had the guts to tell her in the first place.
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
i think it depends on the girl. some are crap at taking hints and stuff.
Alison267
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Abit of both i think..
bete noire
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My general rule is to be casual about everything
Tombola
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Being too formal can sometimes destroy the chance of the relationship developing in the first place.
daniel_williams
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
well it really depends how much you want a relationship, some girls would like the honesty of you telling them that you really like them and want to give it a go, others might like to draw it out and play along and then you just happen to be going out. i think you need to give it timeand not just blurt it out straight away.

everyone is different but yeah see how thigns are going and see what you think is best then make a decision on what to say/do.
h82think
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Tell!!! Playing games is annoying!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (17)
7.11%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.46%
I don't think they'd understand (40)
16.74%
It might lead to more bullying (85)
35.56%
There's nothing they could do (72)
30.13%

Watched Threads