The Student Room Group

English Language Invstigation A2 title help!

Hey, my summer holiday homework is to begin planning my english language investigation. I've written a few ideas down and I am quite interested in doing something realted to children's books because I enjoyed the CLA module. I was just wondering if anyone has any title ideas related to this topic? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Lucymb123
Hey, my summer holiday homework is to begin planning my english language investigation. I've written a few ideas down and I am quite interested in doing something realted to children's books because I enjoyed the CLA module. I was just wondering if anyone has any title ideas related to this topic? Thanks :smile:

Hi there!

Instead of generally the CLA topic, why not try something a little more niche.
Some ideas:
- How the language used to describe men and women in children's books differs across time.
- How teachers utilise language in the classroom to cater to different age groups.
- Perhaps the differences between books aimed at different age groups. eg: Early development book vs something like Beast Quest.

Focus on a specific language feature such as the placement, frequency, and types of adjectives

Sorry if I couldn't help more! Personally, my title was "How do video games utilise linguistic features to represent the LGBT community". This title got me a couple of marks off full marks! Be specific and unique (if you can).
Reply 2
Thank you so much, you’ve helped a lot! Does having a more unique title get you higher marks or is it based more on the findings of the investigation and how they’re presented?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending