The Student Room Group

Did I miss my shot?

I saw a Girl at Wembley Arena, 11pm last night.
I had intentions to approach her but nervousness held me back. If I did, I would have asked her if she has come alone but groups of people were within meters of her so I restrained.
I kept an eye on her whilst being on the phone.

Moments after, she got up and moved to inside the outlet to sit down.
I crept up behind. With slight hesitation, asked if she was single, she replied 'No'. I then gave a quick apology and walked off.

I feel as if had I approached her slightly differently or asked if she wanted to be my friend, I would have stood a chance.

Love should not have to be forced but at the same time I am desperate and it's hard to absorb feelings.

Scroll to see replies

If anyone is wondering how to get a girl, look at what OP did then absolutely do not do that.
Wow
11pm at night, a girl alone in public after a concert (I assume?). You would get no one
You could've been drunk for all she knew. She probably wanted to go home and wasn't interested
Just everything about what you did was wrong
Original post by AzureCeleste
Wow
11pm at night, a girl alone in public after a concert (I assume?). You would get no one
You could've been drunk for all she knew. She probably wanted to go home and wasn't interested
Just everything about what you did was wrong

There were no events at Wembley Arena. She happened to be sat on the Bench on her phone.
Original post by 4StarsOutOf5
If anyone is wondering how to get a girl, look at what OP did then absolutely do not do that.

At the end of the day, I tried. If I never approached her, I'd be frustrated and depressed.
This only builds my self confidence so I can go one better next time.
Original post by Chasingchicksldn
There were no events at Wembley Arena. She happened to be sat on the Bench on her phone.

Even still
You don't go up to someone and say are you single
Like its so creepy
Like particularly at night
Just no
Even still
You don't go up to someone and say are you single
Like its so creepy
Like particularly at night
Just no

Could I have asked her if she's come alone?
Sorry dude but 1. that is completely the wrong way to go about approaching a girl. 2. You never had a shot because she wasn't single
If she’s not single, you never had a shot.
Could I have asked her if she's come alone?

Again no.
Wrong way of going about it. Still a bit creepy tbh
If it were me I wouldn't feel comfortable

Original post by Anonymous
Sorry dude but 1. that is completely the wrong way to go about approaching a girl. 2. You never had a shot because she wasn't single

Girls sometimes say they are taken when they are not. It can be situation dependent- I would have said I was taken in the above scenario wether I was or wasn't
At the end of the day, I tried. If I never approached her, I'd be frustrated and depressed.
This only builds my self confidence so I can go one better next time.

I’m scared to think what ‘one better’ on that would be
Lucky you didn't get a faceful of keys or something similar :tongue: If she'd startled easy and shouted for help you'd have been so screwed.
Original post by StriderHort
Lucky you didn't get a faceful of keys or something similar :tongue: If she'd startled easy and shouted for help you'd have been so screwed.

We were of similar looking age and same ethnic.
Original post by 4StarsOutOf5
I’m scared to think what ‘one better’ on that would be

Revise my approach.
Again no.
Wrong way of going about it. Still a bit creepy tbh
If it were me I wouldn't feel comfortable

Girls sometimes say they are taken when they are not. It can be situation dependent- I would have said I was taken in the above scenario wether I was or wasn't

At the end of the day - If she were interested in me, she would have said she was single but she didn't.
It doesn't have to so much be for how I approached her.
I can ask for a Girls number and if she said no, she doesn't want Marriage or Kids.
We were of similar looking age and same ethnic.

Silly me, you're obviously one of those ages or ethnics where creeping up on strange women at night is part of the culture.
Silly me, you're obviously one of those ages or ethnics where creeping up on strange women at night is part of the culture.

She was OK with me creeping up on her, still got rejected but forgiven.
She was OK with me creeping up on her, still got rejected but forgiven.

Doubt it, but hey ho.
At the end of the day - If she were interested in me, she would have said she was single but she didn't.
It doesn't have to so much be for how I approached her.
I can ask for a Girls number and if she said no, she doesn't want Marriage or Kids.

The most good looking guy in the world could come up to me when I'm out by myself and asked me if I was single. I would have automatically said no in that scenario
The most good looking guy in the world could come up to me when I'm out by myself and asked me if I was single. I would have automatically said no in that scenario

In that case, would it have been easier to ask for her name and number?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending