Barcelonabrit
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have found a way to get into a university programme without A levels.

With the OTHM diploma award system, you can take a 3 month Level 3 course. This enable you to get into a Level 4 diploma course, which is equivalent to the first year of a degree course. Once you have finished Level 4 and 5 you can then enter universities like the University of Chichester for your final year.
Level 3 has NO exams just an essay for each of the 3 modules.
I found this with Aspire Business School (www.aspirebarcelona.eu) in Barcelona, Spain, who charge €3,000 (about 2,700 pounds) and you can take this online so no need to go to Spain (although Barcelona is AWESOME).
With the level 3, which can be done in 2-3 months, you can get into the following programmes:

level 4 and 5 cost €5,000 per year, or €4,000 for the online version. If you take Level 4 and 5 you can then get into the following programmes:
toboscos25
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
orrr you could do a foundation program at a sixth form school
Jackaleksandr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by toboscos25)
orrr you could do a foundation program at a sixth form school
Or an access course. Many ways to avoid doing something as confusing as this 😂
wrexham glyndwr student reps
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
some of our courses have foundation year, these are four year courses instead of 3. We also look at other qualifications other than A levels, Such as access courses.
Barcelonabrit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jackaleksandr)
For a foundation course:
English level: IELTS 5.5 or equivalent

Academic entry requirements:Completion of 12 years of schooling (or local equivalent to meet the same standard) with good grades

Course length: 1 academic year

Fees for 2019/20: The total fee payable for this 3-term programme is £18,580

So the one I mentioned is a 2-3 months instead of 12 months,
is less than 3 grand instead of 18 grand
the one I mentioned is 3 modules not four
Oh and there are no exams!!
Hmm really complicated huh?
Barcelonabrit
Rep:
?
(Original post by wrexhamglyndwrstudentreps)
some of our courses have foundation year, these are four year courses instead of 3. We also look at other qualifications other than A levels, Such as access courses.
Yes, but it is a YEAR, not 2-3 months. And are there exams?? Sure there are.
Barcelonabrit
Rep:
?
Yeah, confusing, sign up, do 3 essays, get the diploma, get into Uni, yup, that's reall confusing:rolleyes:
Jackaleksandr
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Barcelonabrit)
For a foundation course:
English level: IELTS 5.5 or equivalent

Academic entry requirements:Completion of 12 years of schooling (or local equivalent to meet the same standard) with good grades

Course length: 1 academic year

Fees for 2019/20: The total fee payable for this 3-term programme is £18,580

So the one I mentioned is a 2-3 months instead of 12 months,
is less than 3 grand instead of 18 grand
the one I mentioned is 3 modules not four
Oh and there are no exams!!
Hmm really complicated huh?
Whereas you can do an access course for £3000, which is then written off upon completion of a degree and gives you access to almost any course at any university. Whereas your way is a convoluted waste of time and money 🤷*♂️.

Yes, it's a year long, but offers far more options than your recommend route.
Mustafa0605
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The Unis you listed are some of the worst in the country. They’re dreadful. Either do A levels or Btecs or go work
Barcelonabrit
Rep:
?
Whereas you can do an access course for £3000, which is then written off upon completion of a degree and gives you access to almost any course at any university. Whereas your way is a convoluted waste of time and money 🤷*♂️.

Yes, it's a year long, but offers far more options than your recommend route.
So, according to you, doing a 12 month course is less of a waste of time than 2-3 month course, wow, you didn't study maths did you?:confused:
Jackaleksandr
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Barcelonabrit)
So, according to you, doing a 12 month course is less of a waste of time than 2-3 month course, wow, you didn't study maths did you?:confused:
A 3 month course which grants access to a very small handful of courses in a limited amount of universities,

or

a 12 month course that provides access to 99% of courses in all universities, including Oxbridge.

Yeah, no, you're right. The cost benefit analysis clearly doesn't work out in favour of a 12 month course /end sarcasm. I can clearly see you're not willing to acknowledge that your route into university isn't the best way forward when compared to other forms of entrance, so I'll.bid you farewell. Have a lovely rest of the day.
Barcelonabrit
Rep:
?
Yeah, I do that, use sarcasm when facing pompous arrogance. Sure, not oxbridge, but maybe an idea for those that can't get into those schools, you know like 99% of the population. And you have a nice day too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.69%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
14.98%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.81%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (65)
26.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.03%

Watched Threads