The Student Room Group

Getting into uni without A levels

I have found a way to get into a university programme without A levels.

With the OTHM diploma award system, you can take a 3 month Level 3 course. This enable you to get into a Level 4 diploma course, which is equivalent to the first year of a degree course. Once you have finished Level 4 and 5 you can then enter universities like the University of Chichester for your final year.
Level 3 has NO exams just an essay for each of the 3 modules.
I found this with Aspire Business School (www.aspirebarcelona.eu) in Barcelona, Spain, who charge €3,000 (about 2,700 pounds) and you can take this online so no need to go to Spain (although Barcelona is AWESOME).
With the level 3, which can be done in 2-3 months, you can get into the following programmes:

BSc (Hons) Business and Healthcare Management at Anglia Ruskin University

BSc (Hons) Business and Hospitality Management at Anglia Ruskin University

BSc (Hons) Business and Law at Anglia Ruskin University

BSc (Hons) Business and Marketing at Anglia Ruskin University

BSc (Hons) Business and Tourism at Anglia Ruskin University

BSc (Hons) Finance and Accounting at Anglia Ruskin University

BSc (Hons) International Business Management at Anglia Ruskin University

BSc (Hons) Law and Accounting at Anglia Ruskin University

LLB (Hons) Law at Anglia Ruskin University

level 4 and 5 cost €5,000 per year, or €4,000 for the online version. If you take Level 4 and 5 you can then get into the following programmes:

BA (Hons) Business (Top-up) at Arden University

BA (Hons) Business Enterprise (Top-up) at University College Birmingham

BA (Hons) Business Management (direct entry to Year 3) at Middlesex University, Mauritius

BA (Hons) Business Management (Top-up) at University of Sunderland

BA (Hons) Digital Marketing (Top-up) at University College Birmingham

BA (Hons) Global Business (Top-up) at Coventry University

BA (Hons) International Business (direct entry to Year 3) at Middlesex University, Mauritius

orrr you could do a foundation program at a sixth form school :tongue:
Original post by toboscos25
orrr you could do a foundation program at a sixth form school :tongue:

Or an access course. Many ways to avoid doing something as confusing as this 😂
some of our courses have foundation year, these are four year courses instead of 3. We also look at other qualifications other than A levels, Such as access courses.
Original post by Jackaleksandr

For a foundation course:
English level: IELTS 5.5 or equivalent

Academic entry requirements:Completion of 12 years of schooling (or local equivalent to meet the same standard) with good grades

Course length: 1 academic year

Fees for 2019/20: The total fee payable for this 3-term programme is £18,580

So the one I mentioned is a 2-3 months instead of 12 months,
is less than 3 grand instead of 18 grand
the one I mentioned is 3 modules not four
Oh and there are no exams!!
Hmm really complicated huh?
Original post by wrexhamglyndwrstudentreps
some of our courses have foundation year, these are four year courses instead of 3. We also look at other qualifications other than A levels, Such as access courses.

Yes, but it is a YEAR, not 2-3 months. And are there exams?? Sure there are.

Yeah, confusing, sign up, do 3 essays, get the diploma, get into Uni, yup, that's reall confusing:rolleyes:
Original post by Barcelonabrit
For a foundation course:
English level: IELTS 5.5 or equivalent

Academic entry requirements:Completion of 12 years of schooling (or local equivalent to meet the same standard) with good grades

Course length: 1 academic year

Fees for 2019/20: The total fee payable for this 3-term programme is £18,580

So the one I mentioned is a 2-3 months instead of 12 months,
is less than 3 grand instead of 18 grand
the one I mentioned is 3 modules not four
Oh and there are no exams!!
Hmm really complicated huh?

Whereas you can do an access course for £3000, which is then written off upon completion of a degree and gives you access to almost any course at any university. Whereas your way is a convoluted waste of time and money 🤷*♂️.

Yes, it's a year long, but offers far more options than your recommend route.
The Unis you listed are some of the worst in the country. They’re dreadful. Either do A levels or Btecs or go work
Whereas you can do an access course for £3000, which is then written off upon completion of a degree and gives you access to almost any course at any university. Whereas your way is a convoluted waste of time and money 🤷*♂️.

Yes, it's a year long, but offers far more options than your recommend route.

So, according to you, doing a 12 month course is less of a waste of time than 2-3 month course, wow, you didn't study maths did you?:confused:
Original post by Barcelonabrit
So, according to you, doing a 12 month course is less of a waste of time than 2-3 month course, wow, you didn't study maths did you?:confused:

A 3 month course which grants access to a very small handful of courses in a limited amount of universities,

or

a 12 month course that provides access to 99% of courses in all universities, including Oxbridge.

Yeah, no, you're right. The cost benefit analysis clearly doesn't work out in favour of a 12 month course /end sarcasm. I can clearly see you're not willing to acknowledge that your route into university isn't the best way forward when compared to other forms of entrance, so I'll.bid you farewell. Have a lovely rest of the day.
Yeah, I do that, use sarcasm when facing pompous arrogance. Sure, not oxbridge, but maybe an idea for those that can't get into those schools, you know like 99% of the population. And you have a nice day too.
How did you decided at the end .I am looking into a diploma level 5 and top up uni.Did you do it?
Original post by Andreea_blue
How did you decided at the end .I am looking into a diploma level 5 and top up uni.Did you do it?

They haven’t posted for 2 years and I am quite sceptical as to their motives for pushing this particular programme to be honest.

The above info is 3 years out of date and there is every chance that the acceptance of this course has changed.

I can’t recommend this route for the reasons given above, but there are some unis that will award top up degrees. You need to check with them directly for their requirements.

Latest

Trending

Trending