IndiAbility 2008 - Helping children with disabilities. Watch

FoOtYdUdE
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
We are a group of young students who are involved on a project to aid the visually impaired children of Manavkalyan Trust, India; we also hope to aid children with a deafness and special needs. This project was successfully undertaken in 2007, by a similar group of students. We aim to emulate what they have achieved and maybe with your help we could raise standards even higher.

However, in order to do this we need to raise a considerable amount of funds. We would be grateful if you @ thestudentroom.co.uk would be willing to help aid our trip financially.

Thankyou in advance.

Additional Information:

During the last few months, we have been working towards participating in an International Exchange project to India. During the October Half term (18th October 2008 to 1st November 2008) an estimated 12 students, aged 16, as well as 3 staff members, from different ethnic backgrounds will embark upon this life time trip to India. Each participant will have to ensure that they have passed a Sports Leadership course as well as a Sign Language course to deliver both sporting and arts and craft activities to children with multiple disabilities. We will take with us plenty of sporting and arts and craft equipment which we will then donate to three schools; a Deaf school, a Blind school and a Special Needs school.

If this trip becomes a reality and we have the necessary funds to aid our trip financially, we could really appreciate the words of the group that went last year who were quoted as saying "it is better to give than to receive". In addition, we hope to acknowledge the character of the group that went last year, who found it a very "humbling experience", witnessing those with very little put others' needs before their own.

What a valuable lesson for all of us!

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: If I donate, how will my money be spent?
A: The group have organised a meeting on Wednesday 18th June 2008, where this question will be answered fluently.
However, to state the obvious, the money you donate will proceed towards covering necessary costs such as:
-Accommodation (we will not be living fanciful lives in India, a bed will be enough).
-Flight Ticket (we have already 'reserved' our tickets with Finn Air [Helsinki], however, we need to confirm the payment ASAP.
-Sporting Equipment.
-Sports Leadership and Sign Language course.

Q: How do I donate?
A: For now, we only accept payments via 'paypal' @ [email protected]

Q: If i donate, what do I get in return?
A: First and foremost you will be thanked, for your kindness and appreciation. Secondly, when in India we will be followed by cameraman who will shoot our progress; so when we arrive, back to the UK, a DVD of our trip will be ready, and you will be sent this - as well as a collection of photographs.
FoOtYdUdE
Rep:
?
We are also willing to allow the logos of businesses to be printed on our t-shirts (some call it "uniform") - more commonly known as endorsements, It will be a great method of promotion for businesses and will improve the overall outlook of the business as they are helping a charity organistation. However, this will come at a cost. If you are interested then please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected]
FoOtYdUdE
Rep:
?
Please note: We are a non-profitable organisation. No one member will be paid to go on this trip, not even the staff members. Any profit we do happen to make will be forwarded to the Manavkalyan Trust, India.
FoOtYdUdE
Rep:
?
(Original post by FoOtYdUdE)
Please note: We are a non-profitable organisation. No one member will be paid to go on this trip, not even the staff members. Any profit we do happen to make will be forwarded to the Manavkalyan Trust, India.
Bump. ////
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads