The Student Room Group

Relationship

A simple question. Is it good when your girlfriend says she needs space?
No, your relationship is 97% doomed at this point.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
No, your relationship is 97% doomed at this point.

It's because we've been arguing a lot recently.

When I say she needs space, she still wants to see me 4 days a week rather than near enough every day and we're still texting and doing everything we normally would together.

She's also assured me that everything is fine and we'll be okay.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey, I'm Mia 👋

It's not good but it's not bad either.

Relationships are hard sometimes and different to when you're single and have all that independence.

Sometimes you just need to concentrate on yourself, breathe a little or have some alone time to think - and that's absolutely fine.

Wish you all the best :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks for your answer, Mia.

You're right as it's a bad thing in the sense that we've been around each other that much we're doing each others heads in. Some of the arguments have been particularly bad and regular recently that her sister has had to give us some advice.

Like you say though it's also good as we can both enjoy a bit more of our own space and enjoy life with family and friends also. I think that's important to maintaining a happy and healthy relationship as both of us have said we're not as happy recently.

It will be tough seeing her less as I love her but they do say absence makes the heart grow stronger!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending