summer jobs and cvs and ... oops? Watch

invisibleforest
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I have a feeling I may have left it a bit late to get a summer job, I didn't realise how early people started applying!! Do you think there is any chance of me getting anything anywhere now? (I'm pretty well not fussed about where ... retain, office, restaurants - though I might be terrible ... :s)

Also does anyone have any tips on CV writing? (How much detail do we go into for experiences/qualifications etc?) What sort of structure do people normally use?

Thank youuuuu <333
gillipies
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by invisibleforest)
I have a feeling I may have left it a bit late to get a summer job, I didn't realise how early people started applying!! Do you think there is any chance of me getting anything anywhere now? (I'm pretty well not fussed about where ... retain, office, restaurants - though I might be terrible ... :s)
You could try a temping agency, rather than applying to actual shops etc, they'll probably be able to get you bits and bobs over the summer.
j1991
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
invisibleforest
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Thanks

... does anyone know if employers are willing to contact by email etc?

It's just that I'll be in China from the end of june to 21st july so it might be hard to ring lol ... and I don't want to miss out on things.
bmh16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I gave in my CVs on Friday and Monday, so in the same boat as you really. No one i know has even thought about getting a job though, so I'm ahead of quite a few people!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed