Boyfriend asked me to teach him how to dance... Watch

nosnibor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
As the title says really.

He doesn't go to clubs much, and says when he usually does he ends up sitting on the side sulking. I love clubbing with my friends, and he wants to be a part of that, so he asked me to teach him how to dance.

Thing is, I've never seen a guy dance successfully, unless he's going all out and breakdancing (which I don't want my boyfriend to end up doing!)

Guys, how do you dance in clubs? And how do I go about teaching this to someone?!
squid
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
why have you not seen this as an amazing oppurtunity to make him look like an idiot? Come on, do it!
Tombola
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Tell him to the two step shuffle.
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If he doesn't have natural rhythm he could be in trouble... just tell him to listen to music in his toom and move to the beat....
masterofdalliance
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So many questions about dancing today, it's incredible...listen out to the beat, it'll usually be in the percussion...once you feel it, it doesn't matter what you do, as long as you stay in time. ****, if he felt that way inclined he could just sway in rhythm, and that's it. And at a party, no matter what, there will always be some sort of synchronised dance, usually the electric slide when someone puts on 'Candy' by Cameo. It's ridiculously easy to pick up, and infectious like the plague.

Now if you're talking about dancing with a girl, that theres a different matter:yy:
shimmyjimmy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
if he listens to Indie music its already a lost cause. If he listens to hip-hop, there still maybe a chance. Haha
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by shimmyjimmy)
if he listens to Indie music its already a lost cause. If he listens to hip-hop, there still maybe a chance. Haha

HaHa!!!! It's possible to dance to Indie!!!
masterofdalliance
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)

Lies!

Honestly, I've never been able to dance to Indie music, and if I can't do it, it's impossible, thems the rules:yy:
shimmyjimmy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)

Hahaha, no its not, just look at the Black Kids front man, he is terrible. He even tries lecturing people on how to dance, and he has no rhythm. I guess its possible to look like a fool trying to dance to indie music. :p: lol
masterofdalliance
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hahaha, no its not, just look at the Black Kids front man, he is terrible. He even tries lecturing people on how to dance, and he has no rhythm. I guess its possible to look like a fool trying to dance to indie music. :p: lol
He's got two left feet, and he bites my moves...
shimmyjimmy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by masterofdalliance)
Lies!

Honestly, I've never been able to dance to Indie music, and if I can't do it, it's impossible, thems the rules:yy:
Agreed
Tombola
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lies!

Indie music can be good for sliming your body all over someone slowly.
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

HaHa! I disagree, we always go to Indie clubs and some of the Indieboys are the best dancers I've seen... sure, hiphop dancers and r'n'b music are the best but there's a certain indie style that looks awesome. Even if it's air guitaring or silly actions! So long as you're having fun it's ok! You can dance however you like and I love dancing to Indie music! BUT I do agree, the Black Kids lead singer can't really move. It's all about the beat
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Maybe it's just personal preference? Indie music is good to dance to, as is all other types. Everyone has their opinions and if we were all the same the world would be VERY boring!
Ashbourne1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Tombola)
Indie music can be good for sliming your body all over someone slowly.
Not sure what Indie music you dance to?!
Tombola
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Need some indie style. We need to start practicing...
HereWithMe89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
just do the step left step right click.

orr. he could do grinding. even if you really suck at dancing, everyone can grind. it doesnt require technique.. just nice even thrusts. :proud:
nosnibor
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by squid)
why have you not seen this as an amazing oppurtunity to make him look like an idiot? Come on, do it!
:rofl:

I didn't think of this! Now is my opportunity to be evil... :evil:

But then again, I would have to be seen in public with him dancing like an absolute mess.

So many questions about dancing today, it's incredible...listen out to the beat, it'll usually be in the percussion...once you feel it, it doesn't matter what you do, as long as you stay in time. ****, if he felt that way inclined he could just sway in rhythm, and that's it. And at a party, no matter what, there will always be some sort of synchronised dance, usually the electric slide when someone puts on 'Candy' by Cameo. It's ridiculously easy to pick up, and infectious like the plague.

Now if you're talking about dancing with a girl, that theres a different matter
That's good advice, but yes, it would be dancing with me...
shimmyjimmy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by nosnibor)
As the title says really.

He doesn't go to clubs much, and says when he usually does he ends up sitting on the side sulking. I love clubbing with my friends, and he wants to be a part of that, so he asked me to teach him how to dance.

Thing is, I've never seen a guy dance successfully, unless he's going all out and breakdancing (which I don't want my boyfriend to end up doing!)

Guys, how do you dance in clubs? And how do I go about teaching this to someone?!
Teach you're boyfriend how to do this:
Crip Walking
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads