German people's trust in the UK has dropped 17% in the last 6 months Watch

Notnek
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago

Source : ARD news organisation. The title means "Which countries are trusted partners?" and the four countries in order are France, UK, Russia and the USA. The decreases shown are since February 2019.

If this is representative of how Europe sees us now then I find this depressing. Having allies that trust each other is so important when we have common enemies. Looking on the bright side, I suppose it's good news that we're still ahead of Russia...
Last edited by Notnek; 2 weeks ago
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report 2 weeks ago
Russia more trusted than the US? lmao.
pineapplepink
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm sorry but who the f.ck would trust russia lol
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks Brexit, kids are crying now.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by pineapplepink)
I'm sorry but who the f.ck would trust russia lol
Apparently a lot more people than who trust america.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't know how I will ever get over it.

As far as breaking apart Europe, you'd think Germany wouldn't have the gall to moan about our little ref. Relative to what they did, we're saints.
B1tchute
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Germany is destroying itself they have to ID swimming pools now because of its huge migrant problem LMAO
Nut Shell
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Who cares what the Germans think?
sachinisgod
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
And we care because...?
The Mogg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think we have more important things to fight for than the trust of German people, don't you?
999tigger
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Notnek)

Source : ARD news organisation. The title means "Which countries are trusted partners?" and the four countries in order are France, UK, Russia and the USA. The decreases shown are since February 2019.

If this is representative of how Europe sees us now then I find this depressing. Having allies that trust each other is so important when we have common enemies. Looking on the bright side, I suppose it's good news that we're still ahead of Russia...
I think its hilarious.
Which country caused the world wars?
Which country rebuilt said country?
Which country has hundreds if not thousands of nuclear weapons aimed at it?
Nice one Germany.
Just my opinion
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The UK and Germany are like two sober people carrying an enormous staggering drunk down the road.
The UK has just said "Sod this for a game of soldiers" and is walking away.
It would be amazing if they didn't trust us less.
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Who gives a ****
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

I would imagine this mistrust may stem from Brexit, the leadership contest, splits and backstabbing in the ruling Conservative party and the general uncertainty that, let's face it, even we in the UK feel.

Brexit, for example, is causing share prices, and therefore pensions, to fluctuate (I work in the pensions sector and hear it from policyholders).

When Brexit happens and everything calms down a bit, we may see a more clarity. The Germans in general (we have relatives there) really like us as people and admire us as a country, so I am hoping for better things in the future. However they really, really believe in Europe and we don't seem to think we need Europe. This gulf in ideology is probably making them question us a bit, despite their fondness for us.
z-hog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Stuff made up by some operative in an office and in front of a PC, possibly with a degree in Political Science or something equally useful. The NYT had this week a piece on how the Republicans are much farther to the right than the Brexit party and LePen's movement, pie charts and all the rest. It's all a load of airy-fairy stuff designed to lead people into 'thinking' the way intended by the authors, I bet in most cases these things are 100% made up. Personally, i can't even be bothered to look at it twice because it doesn't matter to anything at all.
Last edited by z-hog; 2 weeks ago
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by z-hog)
Stuff made up by some operative in an office and in front of a PC, possibly with a degree in Political Science or something equally useful. The NYT had this week a piece on how the Republicans are much farther to the right than the Brexit party and LePen's movement, pie charts and all the rest. It's all a load of airy-fairy stuff designed to lead people into 'thinking' the way intended by the authors, I bet in most cases these things are 100% made up. Personally, i can't even be bothered to look at it twice because it doesn't matter to anything at all.
Have you got anything to prove the contrary..?
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Quite ironic.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
France at 89%. Is this how much they trust them to surrender?
pineapplepink
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sachinisgod)
And we care because...?
exactly lol- not sure of what importance what germans think of us is

(Original post by Napp)
Apparently a lot more people than who trust america.
anyone who has remotely any trust in Russia needs their head examined
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm pleasantly surprised at 37%. I thought it would be a lot lower given we have the worst Prime Minister ever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (168)
13.1%
Excited (111)
8.66%
Worried (235)
18.33%
Terrified (299)
23.32%
Meh (103)
8.03%
Confused (32)
2.5%