Do you think humans have a 6th sense? Watch

Desert Eagle
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Recently ive had to wake up at 5 in the morning everyday. The first day was hard, but then i got used to it. Now, even though i still set my alarm for 5, i always manage to wake up by myself at about 4:55. It started on the 3rd day, and now even today, when i didnt have to wake up at that time, i still did! Its quite strange how our body is able to do this, as if it is aware of the time while youre sleeping. Im sure im not the only oe that this happens to.

Anyway, i was wondering what other things happen to you that make you think we have a sixth sense.
Electric_Dreams
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wouldn't say that is an example of a sixth sense, but I do believe some people definitely have experinces or gifts or these kinds. I've had the occasional odd experience, but it was more likely to be a coincidence to be honest.
Cerulean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You should've asked if anyone sees dead people.

Yeah, it's your body clock
Happy_Holidays
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wouldn't say we have a sixth sense I'd just say most of us don't pay much attention to our senses.
Dann
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have the 6th sense .

On dvd.
snafle
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
I downloaded mine of The Pirate Bay. Decent rip as well.
nothingspek
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You're getting used to a routine, I doubt it's another "sense".
Nonloso
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Desert Eagle)
Recently ive had to wake up at 5 in the morning everyday. The first day was hard, but then i got used to it. Now, even though i still set my alarm for 5, i always manage to wake up by myself at about 4:55. It started on the 3rd day, and now even today, when i didnt have to wake up at that time, i still did! Its quite strange how our body is able to do this, as if it is aware of the time while youre sleeping. Im sure im not the only oe that this happens to.

Anyway, i was wondering what other things happen to you that make you think we have a sixth sense.
The exact same thing happens to me, whatever the time. Even if I change the time the alarm goes off from day to day, say from 7 am to 8.34 am, I still wake up about 3 minutes before it goes off, no earlier, just 3 minutes.

Also loads of times I'll pick up my mobile after maybe 4 hours of not touching it and as soon as I pick it up I'll get a text from my bf.

I don't think they're sixth senses, just weird.
I always thought a sixth sense was when you felt someone watching you.
Svefngenglar
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That's definitely your biological clock. Even if you had an extra sense, it would not be your sixth. Humans have about 11 senses. These include balance, temperature and pain, apart from the commonly listed 5.
Militia
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My cat has a 6th/extra sense. She was sleeping on my bed next to my phone and suddenly jerked up and stared at it...and then it rang
Bateman
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
what you stated isn't an sense, however i think instinct is a sense
Nicolish
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by limbic)
My cat has a 6th/extra sense. She was sleeping on my bed next to my phone and suddenly jerked up and stared at it...and then it rang
Maybe it could hear that beeping sound just before phones ring
like if it is close to a tv, pc, radio etc?

:P
Punk Phloyd
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's your pineal gland.
Militia
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Shhh no, she's magic
And it was the house phone !

Other senses? What about when you can 'feel' someone staring at you? Even if your back is turned toward them.
squid
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's routine, do something often enough and you'll do it without really thinking about it. I get the same thing, i always wake up on time even without my alarm. It's a pain if i go to bed late though ;D
Gary10k
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Quite often i think about my phone going (text message mostly) and then I get one. It happens quite a lot, ill be doing something then suddenly think about it and then i get a message. Most definatley cause im expecting a text, but its still cool.
HJV
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The things with predicting your phone ring or getting a text message, is probably just hearing some of the interference phones cause with other electrical stuff. You might not consciously realise you're hearing it, but your subconscience connects the dots.
Nonloso
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by HJV)
The things with predicting your phone ring or getting a text message, is probably just hearing some of the interference phones cause with other electrical stuff. You might not consciously realise you're hearing it, but your subconscience connects the dots.
Thats so weird though. Extrasensory hearing..
Desert Eagle
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
ok, maybe im wrong in calling it a sense.. and i already knew about the whole body clock thing as well.. but another strange thing is that i will usually wake up, not bother to look at the alarm clock, and just lie there for a bit. Then when i do bother to look at it its 4:55 or 4:56.. ALWAYS!!! i must have an amazing body clock.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads