How Close are you? Watch

storminaDcup
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
well to be honest, my boyfriend IS my best friend. i mean yeah ihave 2 great girly best friends, but my boyfriend is my ultimate best friend, i feel comfortable about talking about ANYTHING with him, whereas with my best girl mates, there are some things i feel i cant. and obvz beecause he's my boyfriend there are no boundaries
Anonymous #3
Report 11 years ago
I wish i was in the situation some of you have mentioned, It's got to the point where i simply want a girlfriend for the purpose of being loves / somebody to talk to.
Dstbgre
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
We are close. We talk about most things and we hug. We sometimes flirt like mad but only because both of us know that it means nothing. Her long term boyfriend is also one of my closest mates and he knows that nothing would ever happen between us because he trusts both of us and i am not attracted to her in any way. I generally offer to pay for some things but only small things like a couple of things from the shops.
Tiggers
Report 11 years ago
well he's kind of like my best friend, as in i can be quite free in what i say around him. lol it's actually quite funny how we became close 'unconvential relationship' is so right!

we've only hugged when really emotional but we're rather teaseful or playful around each other, with mock fights since we're both sarcastic and we tend to hit each other in those fights

always emailing and talking... i guess we get on really well cos i use to be a tomboy as a kid lol - nah only joking

but i don't fancy him or him me at all, we just click is all
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
See we tease each other n stuff, but there is never any playful touching! its a big no no. He notices everything, like if i touch his arm or something he freezes and looks at me, so I'm like 'okaaay it was an accident'
and you shouldnt really think like that if your mates should you??
FrancisM89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
See we tease each other n stuff, but there is never any playful touching! its a big no no. He notices everything, like if i touch his arm or something he freezes and looks at me, so I'm like 'okaaay it was an accident'
and you shouldnt really think like that if your mates should you??
No way Jose (imho). I mean I'd say I have quite a few girlfriends in the sense of they're friends and a girl. I'm cheeky by nature and hugging, pokeing, kicking (in a playful sense) are all part and parcel of it, and that's girls I'm not essentially that close to, and don't fancy and as far as I'm aware is completley vice versa.

In terms of flirting, I may end up doing actions that could constitute as flirting, but it's all innocent. My 2 overall best female friends, (2 of my 3 overall best friends - I'm exactly the same towards my guy best mate....!!!) I'm always telling/ being told "love you" (there's a third just outside that group, who again, I'll say love you to), one of them I'm often conceived as her bf when out with her, but in both cases there are no romantic intentions from my point of view at all. (or there's)
Anonymous #4
Report 11 years ago
Anon as I've just recently joined and I don't know whether she browses here or not

I'm slowly pushing her away. Well I say slowly, I've disappeared for a week to an undisclosed location outside of our town(currently) and she has no idea where I am. Logged into MSN earlier and ignored her message and logged off. I've been short with her anytime I've spoken to her - whether it be in person or online - since college ended. Bad times. Oh well.

But to answer the actual question and stop waffling on about my depressing situation. We were quite close. Did the basics for her as a 'bestfriend' + more . Offered to pay for food (but she refused to ever let me), we'd get drunk and she'd peck me on the cheek and at the end of the night it'd usually end up us reaching our homes and one of us texting the other at 4am "Love you x". Be open with eachother to a certain level, although I'd hold back at times. And my time at this cybercafe has come down to the last 30 seconds, so this is cut short...
mildredo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
He's the person I trust most in the world. I quite often have rants at him about nothing in particular & he always listens. He's also got an amazing ability to make me tell him why I'm upset, when I wouldn't tell anyone otherwise. We hug a fair bit & flirt a lot, because that's always been our way, & he's held my hand a few times. I don't know what I'd do without him. Even though I had feelings for him for about six years, I'm mostly over them but I still think we'd be so good together. Ever since he's known about my feelings we've got closer, actually. I don't know if I'd want to risk our friendship if anything did happen, which I doubt. We're very similar & I love him to pieces.
onthejubileeline
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lol, with me and my closest male friend, there are pretty much no boundaries. We just don't talk about it, and pretend to everyone else like we're perfectly normal friends. It's weird because I don't feel at all weird about it anymore.

It sounds like your friend might be a bit confused as to whether or not he likes you - if he's always calling you and carrying your stuff, then it's clear he wants to be close...he might just be unsure as to where you stand, so doesn't want to push it. I don't know. You might not even be asking about whether he likes you sorry if I'm giving advice that wasn't asked for! I hate people that do that.
billy bilo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ive worked with my best girl mate for a few years now, we get on really really well, i think i cans ay we are totally at ease with eachother...sometimes i wonder if maybe this girl im looking for has been under my nose all this time. I cant really say theres any sexual chemistry there which is a shame, shes pretty but i dont really see her in that way until recently the thought has been crossing my mind more often, shes been more 'i miss you' etc when i dont see her so its made me think. This week we are going for something to eat and a drinking session..im wondering whether to broach the situation? i dunno...if we were both drunk and alone im sure something MAY happen as this will be the first time we've had this oppurtunity but i dunno really lol, any suggestions?
Local_United_Fan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:rolleyes: Guarantee every straight guy here would sleep with their best 'girl-friend' unless they are horrifically ugly. You guys are just too scared to make a move on her so stay in this ridiculous pseudo-friendship like some parasite in the hope of maybe, just maybe, one day, when the stars align, you might just get to sleep with her.

Pathetic.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Local_United_Fan)
:rolleyes: Guarantee every straight guy here would sleep with their best 'girl-friend' unless they are horrifically ugly. You guys are just too scared to make a move on her so stay in this ridiculous pseudo-friendship like some parasite in the hope of maybe, just maybe, one day, when the stars align, you might just get to sleep with her.

Pathetic.

I highly doubt that you can speak for every guy out there... but so you think its true? It reminds me of When Harry Met Sally. But why are they too scared to make their move when they know they may have a chance with that girl? I
FrancisM89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Local_United_Fan)

Pathetic.
You know what fella, I feel sorry for you if that's your honest opinion.
Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by FrancisM89)
You know what fella, I feel sorry for you if that's your honest opinion.
Sadly thats what i've found with most of my male friends
generalbumaround
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Haha I had a best guy mate for about a month...we totally clicked, were into the same things, comforted each other when we were down, had the same sense of humour, thought in the same way, could tell each other anything without feeling embarrassed...but the sexual tension was UNBEARABLE!!
However, I had a boyfriend at the time that I was rapidly falling out of love with and I'm not one to cheat so I never told him how I felt...around this time, this best guy mate developed a crush on one of my friends and it BROKE me. So I went out on a limb, determined not to lose this guy, and told him about my feelings for him - and it turned out he had exactly the same feelings for me and had no idea I felt the same way, and merely started fancying my friend to try and get over me.

I ended up breaking up with my boyfriend because it just wasn't working out...it was a bit harsh but needed to be done, it would have been worse to string him along! And ended up in a relationship with my best guy mate, and it's really developed into a strong love - to be honest, OP, I would go for it, give it a try, as I think the perfect relationship is where you're best friends, but you can enjoy the sexual side of it too! Best thing that's ever happened to me and we're still going strong and very much in love after four months. Awww....

Lauren
Clarence
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm so close to mine. Dated very briefly couple of years ago but now were inseperable (just as friends). We're practically a couple but without the sex....so you could say we're married lol.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by generalbumaround)
Haha I had a best guy mate for about a month...we totally clicked, were into the same things, comforted each other when we were down, had the same sense of humour, thought in the same way, could tell each other anything without feeling embarrassed...but the sexual tension was UNBEARABLE!!
However, I had a boyfriend at the time that I was rapidly falling out of love with and I'm not one to cheat so I never told him how I felt...around this time, this best guy mate developed a crush on one of my friends and it BROKE me. So I went out on a limb, determined not to lose this guy, and told him about my feelings for him - and it turned out he had exactly the same feelings for me and had no idea I felt the same way, and merely started fancying my friend to try and get over me.

I ended up breaking up with my boyfriend because it just wasn't working out...it was a bit harsh but needed to be done, it would have been worse to string him along! And ended up in a relationship with my best guy mate, and it's really developed into a strong love - to be honest, OP, I would go for it, give it a try, as I think the perfect relationship is where you're best friends, but you can enjoy the sexual side of it too! Best thing that's ever happened to me and we're still going strong and very much in love after four months. Awww....

Lauren

Awww I wish that would happen to me!! But nooo way. We have been friends for 3 years and I really can't see him admitting it to me!! Like hes all 'ew' if I touch him or something! Theres nothing I can do to make him see it I guess. And why would he want me physically when he has other girls for that. Sigh.
FrancisM89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Bathwiggle)
Sadly thats what i've found with most of my male friends
Depends on the guy I spose, but in my circumstances I can catagorically say 100% that LUF's statement is entirely false. It would be like another form on incest, from my viewpoint.
DamnitJanet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My closest male friend... hmm, we're pretty damn close because we've known each other since we were born but he lives away down in Newcastle. Our families go away on holidays together and we kinda flirt sometimes- which I don't mind at all because I quite fancy him! xD
The closest male friend who lives in my town is just a sweetheart, bless him. He's about as straight as a roundabout and I tell him most things.
Aranyani
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i went out with my best male friend. We lasted 2 years and everything was great.. but then he started talking about marriage and it freaked me out a bit and then we grew apart (intentionally, i really couldn't say) and now we hardly speak but i miss him as my best friend
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (76)
67.26%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.58%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.16%

Watched Threads