How Close are you? Watch

Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by FrancisM89)
Depends on the guy I spose, but in my circumstances I can catagorically say 100% that LUF's statement is entirely false. It would be like another form on incest, from my viewpoint.
i have a group of friends which has 7 guys in, an at one time or another 5 to my knowledge have fancied me, the other 2 have long term girl friends, ive been with my bf for 3 years, and he was my best friend before then. and sadly this isnt the first time, as having a best male friend is brilliant.

But there again i still got my bf who is my best friend too
Lulu*et*Moi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Quite close, but if he tries to get too close...i'd push him away
Clarence
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I love mine. Ach. I wish i didn't.
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i dont really have a best friend of the opposite sex, just my boyfriend. hes a boyfriend and a best friend in one, which i suppose makes sense. :p: we're very close.
generalbumaround
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Even though my boyfriend is my best friend...I've kinda always wanted a gay best friend...gay people (the openly flamboyant ones) always seem to be so much fun! And you can go guy-hunting together and discuss beauty products etc, hahah!

Perhaps I'll find one at uni.

Lauren
watermelon sugar
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
very close, but not in a relationship.
we talk everyday, see each other almost every week(go colleges opposite ends of the cityyy). very comfortable around each other, tell each other anything blahblah, very open. we're quite different, but it's all good, we just get on ridiculously.
he's also the most loyal friend i've ever had and taught me a lot about friendship.
we do nottt flirt. ever. we hug goodbye sometimes or if i'm upset or we're with friends watching something hella scary(but that's usually just 'cause i'm sat by him, if we weren't it would be someone else becaue i'm a baby)

i'mg oing to glasgow with his family for a few days this week coming. there are few people i could spend five hours next to on a train and enjoy it (:
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
my best friend of the opposite sex (apart from my husband) is my cousin.

But he lives in France, and I haven't seen him for 2 years.

Still we speak often on msn and tell each other pretty much everything. Obviously we're close as we're family, and actually yes we do flirt sometimes but there's nothing behind it - we're not incestuous lol, it's harmless talk.
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by mildredo)
He's the person I trust most in the world. I quite often have rants at him about nothing in particular & he always listens. He's also got an amazing ability to make me tell him why I'm upset, when I wouldn't tell anyone otherwise. We hug a fair bit & flirt a lot, because that's always been our way, & he's held my hand a few times. I don't know what I'd do without him. Even though I had feelings for him for about six years, I'm mostly over them but I still think we'd be so good together. Ever since he's known about my feelings we've got closer, actually. I don't know if I'd want to risk our friendship if anything did happen, which I doubt. We're very similar & I love him to pieces.
Same as the bits in bold! He also tells me he loves me, but it's completely innocent. He knows more about me than any of my other close friends do, him and my friends don't even know each other though.
adamcleland15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
He's the person I trust most in the world. I quite often have rants at him about nothing in particular & he always listens. He's also got an amazing ability to make me tell him why I'm upset, when I wouldn't tell anyone otherwise. We hug a fair bit & flirt a lot, because that's always been our way, & he's held my hand a few times. I don't know what I'd do without him. Even though I had feelings for him for about six years, I'm mostly over them but I still think we'd be so good together. Ever since he's known about my feelings we've got closer, actually. I don't know if I'd want to risk our friendship if anything did happen, which I doubt. We're very similar & I love him to pieces.
Dan Paris is a greasy ***** boy that works in McDonalds ... how the hell could you like that?
Mastermind`
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Very close. I drill her when I can/when she's up for it. Tart.
increaseyourfanbase
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by onthejubileeline)
Lol, with me and my closest male friend, there are pretty much no boundaries. We just don't talk about it, and pretend to everyone else like we're perfectly normal friends. It's weird because I don't feel at all weird about it anymore.
Same!

The way I am with my best friend doesn't even feel sexual any more. Weird. It's like an extended hug. He's the only one I tell everything to and we don't get jealous of eachother's sexyfriends. haha. Win all round.
Libran_Dream
Report 11 years ago
He's also got an amazing ability to make me tell him why I'm upset, when I wouldn't tell anyone otherwise.
Same, actually he has the amazing ability to know i'm upset before i've kind of realised myself lol.
It's the nicest thing, to know someone can read you so well, but at the same time you can hate him, for going on until you tell him :P
I'd say we're fairly close now, but it has been weird previously. It's none of the carrying bags, paying for things - to me that seems like a boyfriend lol, but i guess i get treated like one of the lads, we'll mess around, play fight, chuck a ball, he does bully me, nicknames and stuff with the other lads which i find funny. I guess the only boundary is kind of the flirting thing. If i want a hug i'll get one, but it's more like if we're not going to see each other for a while, or if one of us is upset or happy (strange!) lol. He got a girlfriend a couple of months ago, and i didn't see much of him for a while - so we'll see how it goes when uni restarts. I hope that, it doesn't kind of change it.
During term time we'll see each other near enough every day, i do live with him. During holidays, we'll text or msn each other, usually atleast once a week but quite often 2-3 times.
Vesicle
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
For me atm anyway all of my feelings tend to get horribly confused. I have one very close bestfriend where it's simple and straight forward. We've shared the same bed, say I love you and we've often talked about living together (all completely platonic)

With another, it was initially confused, but now we're over it. However the way I feel about another close friend is entirely unhealthy, and it sucks, and I really wish I could stop feeling like this.
emmarainbow
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
People mistake us as a couple... we hug all the time, I find I have to be leaning on him in some way if he's in the room, we've pulled on more than one occassion. We tell everyone all our problems anyway, but we still share everything again. We show each other new things. I keep trying to get him a boyfriend, but I'm not very good at judging other people's signals (I know his too well!).

Just feel ridiculously comfortable in his company. I really can't imagine my world without him anymore, and now I'm home from uni I miss him so much it hurts, it's ridiculous.
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Gosh less than a week after I posted first time round, he told me he'd started to get feelings for me. I don't know what to do! And he has a girlfriend but isn't sure he's going to stay with her. Talk about putting me in a difficult situation!
SilverWings
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
How close am I to my best male friend??

We have sex.
Somebody
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't think I've posted on here yet!

Anyways, me and my best mate can and will tell each other everything and anything! He's always there for me, and me for him! I'm on the same "level" as his best male friend - who he's known and spoken to far much, much longer (we've only really been speaking for a year or so lol).
But anything sexual is a no-no! Definately! Makes me feel ill! Apart from hugging, obviously :p: But because we normally find each other the most interesting person to talk to in the room, people are always asking if we're together. But we hardly see each otehr face to face now I've gone to uni... which has - strangely - made our friendship stronger.

We were going to move in together with his 2 best male mates too (after I'd finished uni obviously!), but he went and got his American girlfriend pregnant, so plans have changed a bit lol. May not be able to see him regulary after this year

I'm also getting close to my ex too as a friend (always knew we'd be friends no matter... well, if he still wants to be lol). I think it's because me, my ex and my best friend are all rather "rude" and open about sex and talking about it that we get on so well :p:
d123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I used to have a male best friend but we lost contact. But we're back in contact now.

Unfortunately we live too far apart but I miss him.

Nothing remotely sexual though - it'd be like dating my brother and just be utterly disgusting!
thepinkpowerranger
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
He knows pretty much everything about me. I love him. I probably owe my life or at least the person I am now to him. I'd do anything for him. He's bloody awesome. I feel so lucky!! Any future kids I have will be calling him uncle. And who knows how he's managed to put up with me for so long haha. xx
qubog
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh jesus don't even go there. When he left me to go back to England I was so gutted I cried for about a week. He's gorgeous and perfect and I love him to bits. But there's something stopping us being together. I think its being in the friend zone. We'll never get together as a couple, ever. In a way its good because it means we'll always be amazing friends
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads