Dnipro uni in ukraine Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Here is link to dnipro institute on registry of Ukraine education saying how it is not accredited in its own country. For medicine, dentistry and nursing. Only for certain aspects or specialities but not the main degrees. Look at the link yourself and can look at all the other unis in ukraine medicine by looking.

https://registry.edbo.gov.ua/univers.../specialities/

All the best, just letting you know, can look at unis in ukraine and see if any medicine courses around are accredited in this country.
😉
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I agree, prospective candidates should read widely; the not-currently-popular author Robert A. Heinlein, who was scientifically accurate in his writings, suggested the best maxim for how the world worked was the aphorism TANSTAAFL

"There 'aint no such thing as a free lunch"

That applies equally for med. degrees, if you haven't succeeded in A100 application in the UK, there aren't really that many 'free' (and expensive) overseas options either. (Normal reciprocal EU applications to Hungarian, Czech, Irish, Polish colleges etc excepted)

How to get rich in Ukraine? news from exactly one year ago
Hypocrisy, nepotism, bribery and extortion are the rules of the game in Ukraine’s medical education. Kateryna Amosova, is by all measures a wealthy person. She owns two apartments and a large house in Kyiv, two parcels of land near Kyiv, and three cars—BMW X1, BMW X3, and BMW X5. She has declared income of UAH 3,232,827, or over US$120,000 for 2017. Not bad for a country where physicians work for a meager US$200 a month. Most of the income comes not from the salary but from “entrepreneurial activities”. Rector Amosova has so much free time that she owns several pharmacological and clinical research companies, including three registered in the UK and one in France. ....

....There is a growing corruption scandal in Ukraine’s medical education sector. This scandal has already touched the country’s two premiere medical universities Bogomolets National Medical University in Kyiv and Odessa National Medical University. These universities are among the most popular for international students. Kateryna Amosova, rector of Bogomolets National Medical University, was dismissed on allegations of corruption, although she is still listed as the rector on the university’s website.

Some mildly positive news on Ukraine here from Times of India, examining the many reasons why the "foreign MBBS" industry is so large

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/66021214.cms

"When I went to study in Ukraine, I assumed I would be more sought-after here on my return. Life was tough there. I lived on a tight budget and worked at restaurants,” says Dr Saurav Awasthi, an MBBS now employed at a government hospital in Delhi.

People think we did not have the merit to study medicine but partied and came back with easy degrees. This is not true. Education standards there are better than most private medical colleges in India and even some government ones,” Awasthi adds. He is now a leading member of All India Foreign Medical Graduates Association, which works for the rights of students like him. Their image is not enhanced by the fact that graduates from abroad perform poorly in FMGE. (this is the Indian licensing exam that foreign trained 'doctors' are required to pass before being licensed)

From Times of India perspective, the best country for teaching lower-cost, easier access medical degree, was not RU, UA, Nepal... but Bangladesh. The FMGE pass rate was a (low) 31% but that was much better than astonishingly low 18% from Russian trained 'doctors' or 19% of Ukrainian trained 'doctors' who were able to pass this formal test. The Philippines came second best, with nearly one quarter of all doctors trained there being allowed to practice in India, so just seventy-five percent were not trained successfully. And finally, this data shows that just EIGHTY-ONE percent of doctors trained in the various universities of Ukraine, (Data refers to 2012-2014,) could not pass a serious medical test when they returned back to their country of origin.

TANSTAAFL
Last edited by LuigiMario; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Indeed TANSTAAFL is very important. If you can put the time in you will reap the benefits. Some of those statistics you have found are very concerning but obviously elucidate to some of the problems of studying in ukraine medical universities.
Having been there that is certainly so, they require a high calibre of knowledge but so easily allow cheating, bribery and corruption that they get relatively few competent and honest doctors and other health professionals at the end.
Thanks for your insight Luigi Mario
bandolo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Here is link to dnipro institute on registry of Ukraine education saying how it is not accredited in its own country. For medicine, dentistry and nursing. Only for certain aspects or specialities but not the main degrees. Look at the link yourself and can look at all the other unis in ukraine medicine by looking.

https://registry.edbo.gov.ua/univers.../specialities/

All the best, just letting you know, can look at unis in ukraine and see if any medicine courses around are accredited in this country.
😉
It seem to me like you are trying to mislead people unable to read ukraninan on purpose. It's "postgraduate degrees" that aren't accredited, and it doesn't really matter because most people here don't plan to pursue postgraduate education in Ukraine.
KerryThompson<3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I somehow managed to get some information out of the link even though it's in Ukrainian... I understand the postgraduate degrees are not accredited which is fine by me since I don't plan to stay in Ukraine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (138)
13.48%
Excited (93)
9.08%
Worried (193)
18.85%
Terrified (234)
22.85%
Meh (78)
7.62%
Confused (29)
2.83%
Putting on a brave face (125)
12.21%
Impatient (134)
13.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise