Who do I choose between, my best friend or the boy I love? Watch

Cassie101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
A few months ago my best friend wanted to have a important talk about distancing from each other because we have known each other for years and do everything together so when it came to one of us being in a relationship it would be a lot easier but I didn’t want to have the conversation with him and now that I’m with a boy my best friend wants me to choose between the boy I love or him as he thinks it’s unfair for me to have both of them when I was unfair to him for not having that conversation. He said either he walks away or I dump the boy I love as he wouldn’t be able to cope with seeing us together. What do I do?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
You best mate should be happy for you. He’s moving mad. Tell him I don’t have to choose. Does he like you?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cassie101)
A few months ago my best friend wanted to have a important talk about distancing from each other because we have known each other for years and do everything together so when it came to one of us being in a relationship it would be a lot easier but I didn’t want to have the conversation with him and now that I’m with a boy my best friend wants me to choose between the boy I love or him as he thinks it’s unfair for me to have both of them when I was unfair to him for not having that conversation. He said either he walks away or I dump the boy I love as he wouldn’t be able to cope with seeing us together. What do I do?
The first thing that needs to be established is how long you've known and also how long you've bben dating your boyfriend, and how long you have known with your best friend. What then needs to be established is if your best friend only loves you as a friend or if he has any romantic feelings for you, because if he doesn't well then he shouldn't have much of a problem with seeing you dating someone else. These are two vey important things that we would need to know in order to evaluate your situation.
username4889668
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The boy you love. The fact that your best mate is making you choose shows he doesn't really care about you.
Cassie101
Rep:
?
He’s gay but we’ve been best friends for years now and I’ve told him I’m not going to choose but then he just says he’s going to walk away because he can’t go through being upset seeing us together but I don’t want him to walk away so he’s expecting me to dump the boy I love, he’s making me choose, I wish I could go back and let us have the conversation he wanted
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
He’s gay but we’ve been best friends for years now and I’ve told him I’m not going to choose but then he just says he’s going to walk away because he can’t go through being upset seeing us together but I don’t want him to walk away so he’s expecting me to dump the boy I love, he’s making me choose, I wish I could go back and let us have the conversation he wanted
Has he said why he wants you to choose? And why he finds it upsetting seeing you together?
MiaNova
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I'm Mia 👋

I would have straight away said to go with the boy you love but clearly your best friend has romantic feeling towards you if he's making you choose.

I agree with the other posts, if he cared for you he wouldn't have put you in such a touch situation.

Make it clear to your best friend that you only feel for him as any friend would and that there won't be anything there (if that's how you feel). Maybe he'll understand and back off.

Good luck!
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't choose.
Your best friend sounds either jealous or possessive.
Ignore his ultimatum and don't play his game.
If he really is willing to storm off with the sulks just because you have a boyfriend then he is no true friend.
TSR Mustafa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lol ur friend is a nutcase , he doesn't own you.
Cassie101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
The first thing that needs to be established is how long you've known and also how long you've bben dating your boyfriend, and how long you have known with your best friend. What then needs to be established is if your best friend only loves you as a friend or if he has any romantic feelings for you, because if he doesn't well then he shouldn't have much of a problem with seeing you dating someone else. These are two vey important things that we would need to know in order to evaluate your situation.
I’ve known my best friend for 15 years and I’ve been dating the boy I’m with for 2 months, he hasn’t got any romantic feelings for me as he is gay, he has a problem with the fact that I didn’t want to have the conversation of distancing ourselves before I got with the guy in with and now I’m with someone we have to do it so he finds it unfair so it’s my own fault
Cassie101
Rep:
?
He wants me to choose because he won’t let me have both of them in my life as he hasn’t been able to get close to someone else because I didn’t allow ourselves to distance so we’re ready for when one of us does get into a relationship so that the other isn’t alone
SAPPHIRE368
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If your best friend was really your best friend he wouldnt make you choose
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
He wants me to choose because he won’t let me have both of them in my life as he hasn’t been able to get close to someone else because I didn’t allow ourselves to distance so we’re ready for when one of us does get into a relationship so that the other isn’t alone
Well, all I can say is he's not true best friend. From what I know, a best friend should always be supportive of your choices, and give you advice when you need to choose, but DEFINITELY NOT make you choose. I'd say you should walk away from him and show that he isn't as important as he may think he is, but don't let him be the one to walk away, because that would only mean that he has the control over your relationship. Which is not how friendships should be! If he really cared for you he'd support you, so whoever this is... he's not worth your time.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I’ve known my best friend for 15 years and I’ve been dating the boy I’m with for 2 months, he hasn’t got any romantic feelings for me as he is gay, he has a problem with the fact that I didn’t want to have the conversation of distancing ourselves before I got with the guy in with and now I’m with someone we have to do it so he finds it unfair so it’s my own fault
Also, since he is gay, do you by any chance think he might have a crush on your boyfriend?
Cassie101
Rep:
?
No I know he doesn’t, they don’t really speak but we all work together which just makes things even harder
donatellocreates
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Seeing you with your man shouldn't be a problem I think that you simply need to tell that friend to either accept that you're happy with someone or you cut them off and put that energy that you were using to maintain the relationship into something else.
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
let java.lang.Math.random() decide for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (129)
24.02%
Pop (125)
23.28%
Jazz (24)
4.47%
Classical (29)
5.4%
Hip-Hop (99)
18.44%