Can you touch your shoulder? Watch

Poll: Can you touch your shoulder with your upper arms by your sides?
I'm male - No (3)
0.88%
I'm male - Yes I can touch it but not put my palm flat on my shoulder (125)
36.66%
I'm male - I can put my palm flat on my shoulder (38)
11.14%
I'm female - No (3)
0.88%
I'm female - Yes I can touch it but not put my palm flat on my shoulder (105)
30.79%
I'm female - I can put my palm flat on my shoulder (67)
19.65%
GoSco
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm male - Yes I can touch it but not put my palm flat on my shoulder

I can nearly put my palm of my right hand on my shoulder but only put my fingers of my left arm on my shoulder.

But my arms are the same length lol

Strange....
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by squid)
That would be clever, but i can do it.
Well, with fingers anyway.
you can touch both shoulders with one palm/hand?

wow
-WhySoSerious?
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm beef.
Clefairy_Clefairy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm laughing at myself for trying this out.....
There is no way my palms are touching my shoulders unfortunately.
squid
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by stryker101)
you can touch both shoulders with one palm/hand?

wow
Lmao no, fingers ;D
If it was palm, well, I'd be a bit odd.
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by squid)
Lmao no, fingers ;D
If it was palm, well, I'd be a bit odd.
still wow. im a good hand length short*, even using my fingers, and i dont have small hands lol

*of touching both shoulders with one hand, thumb and pinkie
Ghost
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by squid)
For the incapable of grasping such a concept;
Clearly you don't either. The girl in that photo doesn't have have her upper arm by her side, it's sticking out to the front.
squid
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ghost)
Clearly you don't either. The girl in that photo doesn't have have her upper arm by her side, it's sticking out to the front.
I wouldn't expect you to understand that i had to move into a position where the webcam could see me properly whilst printscreening it.

I also hope that the girl part was a joke, or i might have to go cry myself to sleep.
Ewan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Not at all, my muscles are just that big
Red Dust
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can touch my shoulder with my fingers, but not my palm. Fortunately, it's not something I feel I'm going to need to do often in life, so I'm not too worried about my lack of palm-to-shoulder ability.
Ghost
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by squid)
I wouldn't expect you to understand that i had to move into a position where the webcam could see me properly whilst printscreening it.

I also hope that the girl part was a joke, or i might have to go cry myself to sleep.
The standard convention when demonstrating proper technique, is to actually do just that - show the proper technique.

What is the point in going "HI IDIOTS THIS IS HOW TO DO IT" and then proceed to show an incorrect way of performing it? I really don't care for the technicalities of your photo taking.

And yes, the feminine hairstyle , feminine jaw line, and lack of any form of masculine build lead me to believe A) you were female, B) that you found the picture on the internet, or C) it was your little sister.
_Mazza_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ghost)
The standard convention when demonstrating proper technique, is to actually do just that - show the proper technique.

What is the point in going "HI IDIOTS THIS IS HOW TO DO IT" and then proceed to show an incorrect way of performing it? I really don't care for the technicalities of your photo taking.

And yes, the feminine hairstyle , feminine jaw line, and lack of any form of masculine build lead me to believe A) you were female, B) that you found the picture on the internet, or C) it was your little sister.
I have to admit I thought it was a girl.
Ewan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I thought it was a girl too Sorry dude!
Alison267
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
fingers yes.
and half of my palm. only on my left shoulder though ?! haha
Swayum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
This isn't a very accurate test of biceps size...

Different people have different arm length + different flexibility. I bet you would get completely different results if you did a survey of people in China (if the survey was large enough to represent averages accurately, because, clearly, not all Chinese people are the same).
The Epicurean
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well, my right arm is bigger than my left but, my left hand can't just about scratch my left shoulder if i try really hard while my right finger touch my right shoulder. :confused:
squid
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ghost)

There were people saying they ddin't understand what they meant, so i was giving a rouch idea of putting your arm down and hand on shoulder, if somebody couldn't follow the instructions and my photo they're obviously not smart enough to brush their own teeth.

(Original post by Ghost)
I would be offended or care if i hadn't heard that millions of times.
Frannnnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
if you do it with both at the same time, you feel "special"
Ang|ophi|e
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can touch my shoulder but my palm isn't flat on my shoulder.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can do it, palm flat easily. Now the question is, can you put your leg behind your head????
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads