The Student Room Group

Long distance relationship at uni?

So I'll be going to uni this year, and my girlfriend will not be (she's younger so will be in college- and we're both over 16 so I don't want comments about that).

The potential problem is she's really clingy and struggles with being alone (this is not a problem for me in most circumstances as I've been able to cater for this usually).

But during my A levels she got pretty depressed with how much I was revising and not being with her. What should I do for uni? We've discussed it and she says she'll manage with a long distance relationship, but I'm not so sure. If I get into my firm, it's a very long way away. There's lectures on saturdays, and sometimes even supervisions on sundays so I really won't have much opportunity to see her in term time.

I know there's calls and texts which I've agreed to do as much as possible, but I'm not sure how I can find a balance between study (difficult course at very intensive uni) and making sure she doesn't get lonely. Any tips?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I'll be going to uni this year, and my girlfriend will not be (she's younger so will be in college- and we're both over 16 so I don't want comments about that).

The potential problem is she's really clingy and struggles with being alone (this is not a problem for me in most circumstances as I've been able to cater for this usually).

But during my A levels she got pretty depressed with how much I was revising and not being with her. What should I do for uni? We've discussed it and she says she'll manage with a long distance relationship, but I'm not so sure. If I get into my firm, it's a very long way away. There's lectures on saturdays, and sometimes even supervisions on sundays so I really won't have much opportunity to see her in term time.

I know there's calls and texts which I've agreed to do as much as possible, but I'm not sure how I can find a balance between study (difficult course at very intensive uni) and making sure she doesn't get lonely. Any tips

nothing to help actually but I would not keep on with this kinda relationship cause long distance is a *****y *****y one
Long Distance is extremely difficult but do visit her when you can, do so during term breaks and contact her daily. A simple 'Good morning' is good enough but make no promises to always be there.
Original post by Anonymous

I know there's calls and texts which I've agreed to do as much as possible, but I'm not sure how I can find a balance between study (difficult course at very intensive uni) and making sure she doesn't get lonely. Any tips?

Not many long distance relationships survive uni, it is doable if you both make the effort, but her being clingy is not a good sign

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending