Welcome to HIV??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
moonbeam08
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Right this sounds scary but people keeping telling me these stories about people in nightclubs who have HIV, randomly injecting needles into people and saying "welcome to HIV" I don't actually know if these stories are true and i've never heard anything on the local news about them......wouldn't they be on the news if they were true? I'm terrified to go to this club now!! What do you guys reckon?
me_me_mee
Report 11 years ago
yeh they are, ppl put needles in cinema seats and stuff aswell with a note under the chair and also in vending machines when you go to put your hands in to get your sweets etc..
Puma
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have a fear of HIV, cos its soo easy to catch in terms on someone wanting to give it to you.
I would not worry about it, its probably a rumour taken out of context.

If someone said it to me and i felt a "small prick" lol i would in all seriousness batter him till they die
DalekLover
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've heard you can find needles on seats as well .
Puma
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
OK, am on serious paranoia now
cazamatazz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Once some dodgy guys started following us. My friend got out his diabetes needles to threaten them with, and my sister yelled 'WELCOME TO THE AIDS CLUB'.

They backed off.

Urban legends have their good sides.
Mr_Steve_Stifler
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah its quite damn easy to catch.
moonbeam08
i know!! omg i am terrified now!! imagine you had been drinking though, in a busy club you might not even notice if someone did prick you if they never said anything!!
Psyk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Complete urban myth. No need to worry at all. HIV actually has quite a low transmission rate anyway, it's not that easy to catch. Still wouldn't recommend sleeping around with lots of people that might have it though.
Mr_Steve_Stifler
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
it has to be fresh blood anyway i think
NicBan
Report 11 years ago
yep i know of someone who sat on a needle in taxi that had a note attached to it saying 'congratulations you now have HIV' - and she got HIV.
moonbeam08
(Original post by cazamatazz)
Once some dodgy guys started following us. My friend got out his diabetes needles to threaten them with, and my sister yelled 'WELCOME TO THE AIDS CLUB'.

They backed off.

Urban legends have their good sides.

good thinking!
Rutter knows best!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i swear to god this same crap was being touted around 5ive years ago when i left school. it is rhubard, utter drivvle.
in a club you gonna get touched by many a small prick, and i'd be more worried about people puttin **** in ya drinks.
Rei
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Terryw)
OK, am on serious paranoia now
Same.. gonna be checkin my cinema seat three times over before I put my ass on it. lol And the whole "Welcome to HIV" thing.. don't they realise the person will most likely kill them ?
Sulk
Report 11 years ago
Some people are crazy and I guess there is a very tiny chance that someone might do that... But if that happened, it would surely have been in the news...

People are crazy and they love to make up stories and there is a very very large chance that people would do that. And if it happened, it would surely goes around on forums and chain mail, scaring gullable people... And not be heard from any reliable source.

Now... What is it more likely to be?
moonbeam08
(Original post by NicBan)
yep i know of someone who sat on a needle in taxi that had a note attached to it saying 'congratulations you now have HIV' - and she got HIV.

OH MY GOD! :eek:
Tomber
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/pinprick.asp

Urban legend.
upturnedpalms
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What the hell!? I really hope that's a sick rumour...
FrancisM89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Complete urban legend. It's a rumour, it's lies, it's, well, false.
moonbeam08
(Original post by Sulk)
Some people are crazy and I guess there is a very tiny chance that someone might do that... But if that happened, it would surely have been in the news...

People are crazy and they love to make up stories and there is a very very large chance that people would do that. And if it happened, it would surely goes around on forums and chain mail, scaring gullable people... And not be heard from any reliable source.

Now... What is it more likely to be?

I'm sorry if i've made people paranoid but i just wanted to ask! Like it would be on the news....surely???
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.03%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.46%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.14%
It might lead to more bullying (144)
38.92%
There's nothing they could do (109)
29.46%

Watched Threads