Welcome to HIV??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Bateman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My Dad told me about this and i haven't been to a club because of it, he said that they stick a sticker on you saying " Welcome to HIV"
people should stop having sex with monkeys i'm telling you.
Rei
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by NicBan)
yep i know of someone who sat on a needle in taxi that had a note attached to it saying 'congratulations you now have HIV' - and she got HIV.
Damn.. there really are some ********s out there..

Wait a minute, I'm a bit confused.. are both HIV and Aids not curable
alenax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Rutter knows best!)
i swear to god this same crap was being touted around 5ive years ago when i left school. it is rhubard, utter drivvle.
in a club you gonna get touched by many a small prick, and i'd be more worried about people puttin **** in ya drinks.
This. People really do believe anything don't they...
Nicolish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I swear you'll be alright though if you go striaght to hospital and they give you a course of drugs to try and prevent it?
Doesn't HIV show up after a few months if you do have it?

and even if it is a legend sick people might start getting ideas and actually doing it....
x
Rutter knows best!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by NicBan)
yep i know of someone who sat on a needle in taxi that had a note attached to it saying 'congratulations you now have HIV' - and she got HIV.
u don't know ****. where is your source of info, dinner canteen ? friend of a friend? exacly.
Reltub
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Terryw)
OK, am on serious paranoia now
agreed. Why was this thread posted!?
candy x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i swear to god this same crap was being touted around 5ive years ago when i left school. it is rhubard, utter drivvle.
in a club you gonna get touched by many a small prick, and i'd be more worried about people puttin **** in ya drinks.
here here!!! i was just about to say, there have always been rumours of this happening, ever since i was younger and at school.
Tomber
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Rei)

It. Isn't. True.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV - read up.
NicBan
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by moonbeam08)
OH MY GOD! :eek:
yeeep!

and someone i know had someone come up to her and try and inject her with something but it only scraped her. but we dont know what was in the needle - he might of just tried to put his heroin in the wrong place or something but you never know.
brockham
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im sure the HIV virus is destroyed after a very short time when released from the body in sperm or blood?
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Rei)

AIDS is what you get at the end of HIV infection. Neither is curable, but HIV is treatable and people can live long, normal lives with it.

Most of this crap sounds a lot like urban legends. Plus even if you do get a needlestick injury, the chance of transmission is about 0.3%
NicBan
Report 11 years ago
u don't know ****. where is your source of info, dinner canteen ? friend of a friend? exacly.
i more than you. it was a friend of a friend. and i met her friend. it was true.
Reltub
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
AIDS is what you get at the end of HIV infection. Neither is curable, but HIV is treatable and people can live long, normal lives with it.
Apart from the fact they can never ever have sex again
SiaSiaSia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
reading all these stories has made me SO scared
Puma
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I once seen the police stop a man, he pulled out a needle and said "don't come near me, av got AIDs" they just sprayed him with CS and battered him
moonbeam08
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Sam...:D)
agreed. Why was this thread posted!?
Because i wanted to know if it was lies or if other people have heard it too!! sorry
FrancisM89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Furthermore, if a HIV person took blood from them, and injected you with it, I believe it's roughly a 1/200 chance of getting BAD AIDS.
boffin_89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ive heard of this happening! and could imagine it with al the sick people out there in the world....sick as in disgusting people who feel the need to give someone else hiv just because they had it. its quite upsetting tbh
Reltub
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by moonbeam08)
Because i wanted to know if it was lies or if other people have heard it too!! sorry
i think the saying "ignorance is bliss" is right in this case
Rei
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Tomber)
It. Isn't. True.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV - read up.
"There is currently no vaccine or cure for HIV or AIDS."

:confused:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads