Report 11 years ago
(Original post by UAG)
you have to cut of infected part of a body really fast
cutting off the head would be more effective
Rei
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
AIDS is what you get at the end of HIV infection. Neither is curable, but HIV is treatable and people can live long, normal lives with it.

Most of this crap sounds a lot like urban legends. Plus even if you do get a needlestick injury, the chance of transmission is about 0.3%
Oh, thanks. Must have missed your comment before.
moonbeam08
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Bateman)
can you explain this a little more?
like how fresh the blood has to be, the chances of hiv through sex etcv?
because i've spent the last 10 minutes researching, i haven't found anything plus i'm getting more and more paranoid
please don't get paranoid! i know i started the thread but i just wanted to find out if other people heard these stories too! i didn't mean to scare people
Sulk
Report 11 years ago
Lol, dont worry moonbeam, of course other people would have heard of it too. Urban legend spread really fast. The thing is urban legend change as they travel. So people will have heard about that but in different stories.

When you hear something you have reasons to doubt. just type in urban legend and the key word of the legend in google and youll get information on it

like hear just type urban legen cinema needle HIV
Ducki
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by NicBan)
yep i know of someone who sat on a needle in taxi that had a note attached to it saying 'congratulations you now have HIV' - and she got HIV.
BULL ****.

Don't spread ridiculous urban rumours.
username138327
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ok think how many people you know who have HIV. There isn't very many, I think it's like 1 in 1000 people have it. So it's very unlikely you'll meet many people who have HIV let alone that they are well enough to go out and want to stab people with needles. HIV (irrc) needs a medium to transmit from so it is extremely unlikely you would get HIV from a random needle and even if it does have an infected medium the transmission rate is very very low like 2 in 1000 or something.
candy x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by FrancisM89)
Furthermore, if a HIV person took blood from them, and injected you with it, I believe it's roughly a 1/200 chance of getting BAD AIDS.
is there such a thing as good aids?
alenax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Can people shut up about urban legends and use their heads instead of believing every stupid thing that comes up on the internet? It's ridiculous and it pisses me off, this kind of small-scale mass hysteria is what brought on witch hunts in the middle ages.
ChosenOne
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
LOL this thread is funny. In all seriousness though its just an urban legend type thing, i heard this years back. Kinda scared me when I was younger, like 14/15. It's normally 'welcome to the world of HIV' google that, 1st page that comes up is an article from 1998, this has been around years.
Sulk
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by alenax)
Can people shut up about urban legends and use their heads instead of believing every stupid thing that comes up on the internet? It's ridiculous and it pisses me off, this kind of small-scale mass hysteria is what brought on witch hunts in the middle ages.
i think they got the point, if they dont ask they'll keep on believing what they have been told. its actualy good that they ask and that some people are able to explain to them why and how it cannot be true. It makes them less likely to believe such things again later on.
alenax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sulk)
i think they got the point, if they dont ask they'll keep on believing what they have been told. its actualy good that they ask and that some people are able to explain to them why and how it cannot be true. It makes them less likely to believe such things again later on.
I guess so, but this sort of thing is too ridiculous to believe in the first place surely?
Sulk
Report 11 years ago
until i actually asked, i was persuaded my teachers lived in school

(i was young, gullable and i had no idea why people would tell me anything that wouldnt be true)
moonbeam08
(Original post by Sulk)
Yeah that's true sulk! I just wanted to find out and i did
moonbeam08
it does sound ridiculous like ....but then i just thought that there are some really sick people out there and i've always heard of the being mugged at needle point thing!
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 16
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, right. :rolleyes: I bet you think there are rapists too...
imtired
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm HIV positive this isn't true.
princess_sue
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
a club in Sheffield got closed down because people were injecting other clubbers with HIV needles. its sick
Sulk
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
Yeah, right. :rolleyes: I bet you think there are rapists too...
not even funny
***amy***
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
this has probably happened once..
moonbeam08
(Original post by princess_sue)
a club in Sheffield got closed down because people were injecting other clubbers with HIV needles. its sick
is that true? because if it is ....i'm back to being paranoid about this club that people keep telling me about!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (33)
25%
No (99)
75%

Watched Threads