Which of these is the hardest and easiest a level... Watch

im so academic
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Due to people looking up my previous history that is actually incorrect, the content of this post has been eradicated.
dani2511
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Uhrrr... they're all different. Some people would find some easy, others would find them hard. It all depends on the person.

Are those your options for college?
boffin_89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
maths is defo the hardest!! geog is intresting, and quite easy to understand..thats because i like it though! chem and bio are hard @ A2! but again depends on exam boards, and what you like!!
shakerbaby
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeah.. it obviously depends what you're good at. always heard chemistry is very hard though.
Annaconda
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
depend on you,
they are all "hard" a levels, but for me would be the easiest and would be the only ones i would consider doing
Reltub
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
... of those listed below:

Biology
Chemistry
Geography
Mathematics
Physics

It would also be helpful if you could state your reason why.
I can only speak for maths and physics cos i didnt take any of the others.

Maths is easier than physics. Why? becuase i got an A in maths AS, and B in physics AS
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'd find all of those hard because I'm not a science-y or maths person. :p:
Unreal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sam...:D)
Maths is easier than physics
Agreed...
PindropSilence
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
depends on how you feel about them..

biology and chemistry are pretty much learning just a bunch of facts and nailing past papers.. and maths can be hard, and will be made harder if you dont put the effort in..

i dont do geog or physics though so i wouldnt know.. cant really compare geog and chemistry really, they're completely different
*~Nicola~*
Report 11 years ago
imo bio is easier than physics and physics is easier than chemistry. i 'd say geog is prob th eeasiest out of the list coz most people at my school got full arks or close to full marks for As without too much trouble - this was definitely not the case for the others!
chester.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's difficult to say!
At AS Level, I found Biology really easy and Chemistry deadly! At A-Level, after dropping Chemistry, I still thought Biology was easy, but Physics was almost unbearable! However, there were people who really struggled with Biology, but weren't so bad with physics.
It really depends on your interests and abilities- I loved Biology therefore enjoyed doing the work for it. Physics and Chemistry bored me senseless therefore I tended not to want to work so hard. I also found Maths pretty easy, but that's only because I think logically and enjoy working methodically. If you'd have given me a piece of poetry to read and write about I would have definitely had problems- firstly because I hated analysing pieces of writing and secondly, because there are no definite right and wrong answers which annoyed me!

If you're choosing subjects, choose the ones you're fairly sure you'll do well in, and then choose the ones you will enjoy and will want to work hard in to get the grades.
Creative
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Physics > Chemistry > Biology > Geography > Maths

in terms of difficulty in my opinion =P..
AnastasiaJ
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
In order from hardest to easiest:

Chemistry
Physics
Maths
Biology
Geography
andysmith25
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I do Chemistry, Physics and Maths, and I find Chemistry the hardest, and Maths by far the easiest. But each to their own.
francescarella
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
theyre all hard i'm not a sciencey person. i did maths at AS and that went horribly wrong. i got a D in that, but an A in my other subjects
shimmyjimmy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
OCR geography easiest by far.
kate1310
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Chemistry is hardest, probably followed by physics, which gets a lot harder at A2.
Then Geography being the easiest, everyone I know that does it finds it pretty simple.

(I do Biology, Chem and Physics)
dealbreaker
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
err you're the so academic one, shouldn't you know?

They're all piss easy. I did all except for Geography... I think, easiest first, Biology, Chemistry and (joint) maths and physics.

Biology's a joke! Maths and Physics are harder because you've gotta know your stuff come exam - still easy though.
karate_kat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I do Maths, Biol, Chem and Physics, and this is my order from hardest to easiest:
Physics (but they raise the grade boundaries so it's easier to get higher marks)
Chemistry (easier, but grade boundaries are higher, so it's harder to get high marks)
Biology (not hard concepts, just a lot to remember)
Maths (Not much to revise, and no synoptic)
But, that's just me, so other people will differ.
shimmyjimmy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
To be honest, I think its dependent on the person: Some people struggle with Maths. I also think that its dependent on what board you are doing, as Edexcel Physics is far harder than the other boards apparently.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads