Which of these is the hardest and easiest a level... Watch

upturnedpalms
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
From what I can figure, and of course it depends on you, but generally I would say:

~ Physics: described by many to be practically impossible.
~ Chemistry: similar to Physics in difficulty.
~ Maths: doable, but tough if you don't have natural aptitude.
~ Biology: most people say this is the easiest Science.
~ Geography: OCR Geography, in particular, is supposed to be ridiculously easy. It does seem that quite a lot of it is learning and regurgitating straight facts.

Just what I've heard, obviously it depends on board and ability.
Greatleysteg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
There is no hardest or easiest A-Level there. Usually, if you can do one of them, you can do another. As is being said, it's dependent on the person.

I personally always found Biology and Physics easy, and am quite familiar with A-Level material. I've found Maths A-Level easy (and F.Maths relatively so). I would find Chemistry to be the most challenging A-Level, I think.
rich_rob
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Don't fall into the trap of thinking geography is easy coz it isnt a science.

The workload is HUGE and depending on which course you do, the assessment is much harder for geography than maths and biology.
BIC MEDIUM
Report 11 years ago
I don't know because I have never enjoyed science EVER so I never wanted to take them and would find those the hardest. I've taken maths A-Level over the last two years, after getting Level 8 in SATS and an A at GCSE, and quite enjoy it. However, I found it quite hard work and failed last year completely I reckon I will only get a C overall, I didn't do much work for it though because I didn't really enjoy Maths like I used to. AS Maths is far easier than A2 Maths though. However, I also took AS AND A2 Geography this 1 year all together in it's entirity through AQA and I'm looking at A/B easily (it's because I took AS Further Maths last year and decided not to stick it out even though I did better on FP1 than one of the Core Maths modules). AQA Geography is very easy it is just a case of learning facts and having a good essay writing style. Plus I enjoyed it though, it's fun. Perhaps it may be harder for those who don't have much of an interest in it.
punkyrocker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
biology is fine. i've heard that geography is as well.
chemistry has an awful reputation for being a complete bugger of an A level, but maths you can struggle through and the only problem with physics is the amount of stuff to learn. all the sciences can be tough though (and in that i include maths).
im so academic
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
can i just ask, if you do get an a* in maths gcse, it a level maths easy for you?
punkyrocker
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
From what I can figure, and of course it depends on you, but generally I would say:

~ Physics: described by many to be practically impossible.
~ Chemistry: similar to Physics in difficulty.
~ Maths: doable, but tough if you don't have natural aptitude.
~ Biology: most people say this is the easiest Science.
~ Geography: OCR Geography, in particular, is supposed to be ridiculously easy. It does seem that quite a lot of it is learning and regurgitating straight facts.

Just what I've heard, obviously it depends on board and ability.
pretty accurate (: although i'd say chemistry is harder than physics, probably.
punkyrocker
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
can i just ask, if you do get an a* in maths gcse, it a level maths easy for you?
not necessarily. depends on your work ethic, and the difficulty of your syllabus. i got a high GCSE grade and still found it pretty challenging, having to do a couple of retakes.
rachell_
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Everyone from our college finds chemistry hardest I think.
I didn't take chem, but biology for me is the hardest - I think it was the way they taught it.
Geography I love. AS was alright, came out with a low A (lack of revision I'm thinking) but A2 is a bit harder really - especially the synoptic bit we've got next Wednesday
Ar5enal Fan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well for me Geography would be the easiest because I'm good at humanities subjects. The science ones would be the hardest because I absolutely hate Science, and I've heard that Physics and Chemistry are very hard at A Level. I do Maths and I have found it very difficult, and you'll have to work really hard at hard at it to get a good grade.
rachell_
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by rich_rob)
Don't fall into the trap of thinking geography is easy coz it isnt a science.

The workload is HUGE and depending on which course you do, the assessment is much harder for geography than maths and biology.
Geography IS classed as a science. I love geography. Brilliant subject and the teachers at our college were fantastic! It's just difficult - case studies, a lot to write in limited time and the questions tend to be a bit... smeh
bella0123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i personally think that maths AS is the easiest out of them because 50% of it is just repeat of GCSE. so if you got A* in maths GCSE and you enjoyed it, then i think you should take it for AS.
physics is the hardest because it's physics. :P
Militia
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't do physics, but in my opinion:

Geography (AQA A) is the hardest! Because there is SO much to learn. 2-3 x more than for my other subjects and i find it really boring therefore hard to revise.

Easiest= chemistry. Then biology (human) and maths- which are probably on a par for me. Though i don't think these 3 are -that- difficult. It just depends what kind of brain you have, i suppose.

EDIT!: Out of all my A-levels...i found critical thinking the hardest haha
TheRandomer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Chemistry is hardest.
Maths and Physics are about equal.

I don't take the others but from what I've heard they're fine if you can learn plenty of facts. Loads of people in my sixth form get full marks in Bio modules.
Mathematician!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
... of those listed below:

Biology
Chemistry
Geography
Mathematics
Physics

It would also be helpful if you could state your reason why.
Not sure about Geography, but at AS I found Biology the hardest! (That applies to the exam, not to the actual course itself throughout the year)
Mathematician!
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by TheRandomer)
Chemistry is hardest.
Maths and Physics are about equal.

I don't take the others but from what I've heard they're fine if you can learn plenty of facts. Loads of people in my sixth form get full marks in Bio modules.
That depends upon how hard/easy an exam was plus the abilities of those students! You can't extrapolate to a whole population with a few examples. I know plenty of people who struggled with Biology modules!
Mathematician!
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
... of those listed below:

Biology
Chemistry
Geography
Mathematics
Physics

It would also be helpful if you could state your reason why.
At AS I found Maths the easiest. It is just learning a few facts in order to get the top grade really.
MathsStudent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
easiest maths hardest physics
yamy
Report 11 years ago
For me, Chem> Physics> Biology> Geography > Maths
Militia
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mathematician!)
That depends upon how hard/easy an exam was plus the abilities of those students! You can't extrapolate to a whole population with a few examples. I know plenty of people who struggled with Biology modules!
Agree!

And...you threw up in your chemistry exam? :eek:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed