Which of these is the hardest and easiest a level... Watch

nothingspek
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Can't stand all of them, but personally, Maths would be the worst for me, whilst perhaps Biology would be the easiest (although I'm still crap at it). Hence the reason, i'm doing all essay based subjects.
TheRandomer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mathematician!)
That depends upon how hard/easy an exam was plus the abilities of those students! You can't extrapolate to a whole population with a few examples. I know plenty of people who struggled with Biology modules!
Ok ok sorry!
That was just what I heard, and people seem to find chemistry a million times harder.
I'm sure it really is dependent on exam board, and grade boundaries, etc though
pisces_abhi
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well I've only done 2 out of those subjects and in my opinion, maths is the easiest and most straightforward, while physics is the hardest for me, because sometimes I don't get the concept/theory and I end up just cramming it for the exam (never really shared an interest in this subject). And from what I've heard chemistry is also supposed to be hard.
rich_rob
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by rachell_)
Geography IS classed as a science.
I've always thought of it as a humanities subject. There is no way demographics and migration is a science... end of.
jseldis
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Geography is NOT a science. It's a humanity. Anyone who claims that it is a science is compensating.

Biology is NOT easy - it's a huge amount of knowledge...and maths is somewhat easier because it's either right or wrong. Nothing inbetween.
Botticello
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It depends on how peoples brains are oriented. Im better at humanities really, but Im getting better at science than I was! Maths is just ...no!
Glyn
Report 11 years ago
I agree, it does depend on how your mind handles abstract thinking such as Maths and any science based subject. While humanity subjects deal with relevant concepts. However the only subject mentioned in the list that i've personally had experience of is Physics, and from what i've learnt it's easy once you've learnt the concepts and understand them fully, but if you can't explain them in detail for parts of the exam's then it's difficult to gain a high grade. Although that's just my own opinion and i'm sure others think differently!
eimi
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by MathsStudent)
easiest maths hardest physics

agreed!
olive*
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by BIC MEDIUM)
I don't know because I have never enjoyed science EVER so I never wanted to take them and would find those the hardest. I've taken maths A-Level over the last two years, after getting Level 8 in SATS and an A at GCSE, and quite enjoy it. However, I found it quite hard work and failed last year completely I reckon I will only get a C overall, I didn't do much work for it though because I didn't really enjoy Maths like I used to. AS Maths is far easier than A2 Maths though. However, I also took AS AND A2 Geography this 1 year all together in it's entirity through AQA and I'm looking at A/B easily (it's because I took AS Further Maths last year and decided not to stick it out even though I did better on FP1 than one of the Core Maths modules). AQA Geography is very easy it is just a case of learning facts and having a good essay writing style. Plus I enjoyed it though, it's fun. Perhaps it may be harder for those who don't have much of an interest in it.

I SCREAMED WITH LAUGHTER AT YOUR SIG. YOU LEGEND.
x_reggg
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
... of those listed below:

Biology
Chemistry
Geography
Mathematics
Physics

It would also be helpful if you could state your reason why.
i do everything but geography.

personally i find maths easiest, because i'm good at maths:p: i hear a lot of people struggle with maths tho...
next would be physics, because a lot of it is maths and it has the least memorising to do~
then chemistry. chemistry is my favourite subject, but then the reactions and conditions confuse me a lot. and nuffield is stupid :p:
i find biology the hardest becuase i hate writing (there's 2 courseworks and 2 essays ) and it's hard to get a good grade with common sense. you really do need to memorise the whole book to do well in biology which is impossible for me XD
x_reggg
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jseldis)
Geography is NOT a science. It's a humanity. Anyone who claims that it is a science is compensating.
for the love of all things scientific, geography is a science! do you even know the definition of science? just because it's not a natural science mean it's not a science :mad:
georgeElsworth
Report 11 years ago
do maths, its lovely, i do chemistry and am really pushing to get an A, but quite comfortable As in geo and maths
lil_miss_annoymous
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would say ALL OF THEM ARE HARD , and the only one i would find remotely do able is Geography!
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Geography
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Mathematics

Thats assuming your good at all of the subjects, then it basically comes down to which requires the most work. If your not good at maths that would be the hardest etc....

I spent about 10 times more time on Geography than Maths, FMath and Physics combined.
lizk123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
... of those listed below:

Biology
Chemistry
Geography
Mathematics
Physics

It would also be helpful if you could state your reason why.
out of the ones i have done i'd say:

geography easier, but interesting and i have really enjoyed it

physics harder, the exams for me were the hard part, i took this for AS, only managed to get a D, and that was only because i got an A in the coursework, i failed both exams pretty much! if you are going to take it do maths as well, it will help, i didn't do maths and really struggled
Username?
Report 11 years ago
Hardest maths or chemistry

Easiest Biology
Complex Simplicity
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Biology and geography are the easiest.
Then maths, especially if you do exam papers

Physics and Chemistry are by far the hardest, with chemistry being voted the most difficult subject at A Level.
Complex Simplicity
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jseldis)

Biology is NOT easy - it's a huge amount of knowledge...and maths is somewhat easier because it's either right or wrong. Nothing inbetween.
Social Science!

Remember all that Igneous, metamorphic and sedmentart rocks in GCSE Chemistry, that's all geography. I rest my case.
AdvancedWave
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by x_reggg)
for the love of all things scientific, geography is a science! do you even know the definition of science? just because it's not a natural science mean it's not a science :mad:
Can anyone give a proper definition of science?

In order of difficulty:
Maths (FMaths)
Physics
Chem
Geography (which I've heard is easy peasy)
AdvancedWave
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Complex Simplicity)
Social Science!

Remember all that Igneous, metamorphic and sedmentart rocks in GCSE Chemistry, that's all geography. I rest my case.
No such thing :p:

Geography is half sociology half science.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.07%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.51%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.22%
It might lead to more bullying (143)
38.86%
There's nothing they could do (108)
29.35%

Watched Threads